Chapter 5

Tera POV....

I couldn't understand what had happened. I loved Winter, why did I kiss Reaver? Winter was my true love, not Reaver.
He had already gone back to the fire palace and I was left alone to think about my life, I hadn't gotten any sleep because of the kiss.
I could hear someone coming up the stairs towards the door, but I continued sitting, I didn't want to talk to Reaver at the moment since he allowed me to kiss him and he also kissed me. How could I have done that, Winter was my husband that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
The door suddenly opened and I watched as a different guard came in, dressed in black medal armor that looked almost impossible to destroy. "Who are you?" I asked as I got up from my seat and backed away slowly.

Your new caretaker." The guard answered with an evil grin.

What happened to Reaver?" I asked.

He was told that he was not allowed to see you again." He answered.

Why?" I asked.

The queen does not like it when her prisoner and a guard talk." He answered.

Why?" I asked again.

No more questions, Queen Poppy is ordering your death as of tomorrow morning." He snapped.

What!" I cried. "That can not be! I am her sister!"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Reaver POV...

As I entered the palace I couldn't help but think of what I had done wrong. Tera was married and was barring a child, and yet, I kissed her. She must hate me for kissing her, and yet, what was I thinking? I couldn't fall in love with her? Could I?
I made my way into the throne room and I bowed to 'Queen' Poppy. "Your majesty, what may I assist you with?" I asked and I could hear her growl.

You are no longer allowed to see or talk with the prisoner." She answered.

Pardon?" I said. "Did you just say I can not see or talk to her when I am the one who was assigned to her?" I asked.

Yes, you are no longer her caretaker, she has my favourite guard to take care of her, Leonardo." She answered.

Leonardo!" I cried. "But he is abusive! He will hit and yell at her!"

Tera is no longer my problem, nor yours." She hissed.

She needs me!" I cried.

Why would she possibly need you Reaver? Is there something you are keeping from me?" The queen asked.

N-no your majesty, I would never-"

Never what? Lie, keep secrets? Why did you stutter? Are you not loyal to this kingdom?" She asked.

No I am! I would never lie or keep secrets! I am the most loyal soldier!" I cried.

Then forget about Tera, she no longer needs you, and after tomorrow night, you will never have to remember, she wont be anyone's concern anymore." Poppy said.

What do you mean?" I asked.

Nothing at all." She growled.

I glared and quickly left the palace and got onto my horse.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ ___ _ __ _ __ _ _ _ _____ ____ _ _ _ _
I got to the tower and I ran inside and up the stairs passing doors until I got to the very top where Tera was being kept prisoner. I was about to open the door, but I heard talking, Leonardo was in there with Tera already, what could possibly be going on?

I am her sister!" I heard Tera cry.

I do not really care, after tomorrow night, no one will care." Leonardo hissed.

She can not kill me! She would never!" Tera cried.

Oh she would, and it is going to happen, the queen already told me that your execution is tomorrow night, and no one will ever have to think of you ever again." He answered.

Was what I was hearing correct? Was the queen really going to kill her own sister? I would have to tell Magnus immediately.
I ran back to my horse and I rode all the way back to the palace where Magnus was outside, reading. I stopped the horse and got of to see what Magnus was reading and I gasped. "What are you doing reading a romance?" I asked and he looked up quickly.

I am not reading a romance." He hissed.

Than why do you have a romance in your hand?" I asked.

Well, Poppy was reading it and, I wanted to know why she would like it so much." He answered.

So, how is it?" I asked. "Is it interesting?"

Yes, yes it is." He answered.

What is it about?" I asked. "All I know is that it is a romance."

It is about this girl, she is an elf of course but, she has a desire to find out what the human world is like, so she travels by boat along the high tides on the seas and finds herself in a village of London, where all the villagers were either starving or rich. She thought that the rich were rude but found herself falling in love for one who worked for the evil king Richard the third." Magnus explained.

Go on." I said.

The king found out about their love, he did not mind at first, but then when the elf's love told the king that she was an elf, the king wanted to meet her." He continued.

Is that all?" I asked.

No, but I am not done reading." He answered.

What chapter?" I asked.

123." Magnus answered and my jaw dropped to the ground.

How many chapters are there?"

200." He answered.

You have a lot to read my friend." I chuckled.

If you do not mind, I would like to continue reading." He said.

Actually, I have something to talk to you about." I replied. "Would you do anything if Poppy were to call for an execution on Tera?"

Well, it depends, if there is a good reason for it yes but Tera has not done anything yet." He answered. "Why?"

Poppy called for an execution on Tera, I heard she is going to be executed tomorrow night.' I answered.

That woman is driving me crazy." Magnus growled as he got up from the green grass in front of the palace. "I will have the execution called off, but may I ask, why did you not mind your own business about Tera? Do you care about her?"

I do care a lot about Tera, in fact, too much." I answered.

You have feelings for her." He said and I nodded.

It is hard, she is the bravest, and most caring elf I have ever met, well, since Kiandra died." I explained.

Well my friend, no need to worry about her, I will have the execution stopped right away." Magnus said before taking off into the palace.

Right then and there, I knew how lucky I was that I was friends with Magnus, and friends with Tera...