Chapter 13

I sat at a table with my Grammy while Uncle Caspian looked angrily at Grammy.

What are you saying you want to do?" He hissed.

River wants to claim what is rightfully hers, and I'm just here to help her." Grammy explained.

Heh, she's only, five, isn't she?" He asked.

She's seven, and I'll be helping her." She answered.

Too young." He growled.

That's a lie Caspian. You married a girl at the age of thirteen, which to you is an old age." Grammy hissed.

Pearl is an excellent elven woman, she is not a child but the right requirement to be a queen." Uncle Caspian explained.

You saw her on a trail heading into the village on your way to collect taxes, you sent guards over to her home to take her away back to the palace." Grammy growled.

She came happily." He replied.

She was dragged away, they tore her from her mother's arms, and then you married her and did who knows what to her after the wedding!" Grammy snapped.

And now we have a lovely daughter named Brooke." He answered.

River is the true leader of this kingdom!" She snapped. "And if you don't hand this kingdom over to her I will tell the entire kingdom what you did to your own family, and what you were going to do to River the night she ran away."

He looked at me with disgust and realized what Grammy had just said. "That's a lie! I'd never do that!"

River overheard you in her bedroom after she witnessed her parents brutally murdered by a loyal guard of yours, who was by the way sentenced to a horrible death." She roared.

My head was spinning as my uncle looked at me again.

Mother, I suggest that you leave, you have no rights to barge in here like this, if you bother me again I will have a guard take you to a prison cell where you will stay the night." Uncle Caspian threatened.

I'll be back tomorrow." Grammy hissed as she took my hand and dragged me out of the room.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Later after we got back to the cottage, Grammy went to the kitchen and started cooking (Sorry, I mean burning) fish.
She kept on smiling at me but I knew it was fake since, I had seen her real smile, or was that fake too?
I quietly went to my bedroom and sat down on the floor near a small box, had that been there before? I circled around it for a while, then I slowly picked it up. It was slightly heavy and I could hear something inside.
I slowly unwrapped it and then I carefully opened the top, which oddly had holes covering it. I tilted my head in confusion. There was a tiny little creature inside. It had little spikes and honestly looked like a lizard from the palace gardens in the elemental kingdom. Then I remembered, Tera had given me a book of dragons, a winged creature that had abilities like breathing fire. I saw water squirt out from its mouth and I smiled. It was so cute. I took no hesitation and picked it up and cuddled it, then I saw a note laying on top of the wrapping.
I picked it up and saw that it had come from Grammy, I smiled happily, Maybe she was trustworthy, but hey, even if some complete stranger who says that she's your grandmother and gives you a pet, doesn't mean that they can be trusted, but she did smile a lot and she did bake me biscuits, fish biscuits.
I left the room with the baby dragon and I smiled at Grammy. "Thank you."

You're very welcome my little Water bug, name her whatever you wish." She replied with a huge smile.

I do not know what to name her though." I said.

You do not have to choose right now, think it over for a few days." She answered, and that is exactly what I did.

After at least a week I still didn't know what to call her, and she was already almost as big as my small little bed. "Can you please just stay small!" I cried. "I still have to name you, and you are growing up way too fast!"
I thought I saw her smirk but then shrugged it away while I thought, it had become stressful for me that I could not figure out a name for the little dragon, and Grammy was getting tired of me talking about it all through supper and all other meals.

I just do not know what suits her best." I said and Grammy rolled her eyes.

There is no need to become stressed over a name Water bug, I promise, it will come to you, think of your favourite sea creature." She explained.

Why a sea creature?" I asked.

Your dragon is a water type, it has to be a name that has something from the sea. She answered.

Sea horse?" I asked.

Is that what you want to name her?" Grammy asked.

I do not know." I answered.

Ok, lets say that there is an invisible pile beside me, and an invisible pile beside you, if you like the name, you put it in the pile by you, and if you do not like the name, then it comes over to me." She explained.

But how will we choose?" I asked.

We will deal with that afterwards." She answered.

Ok, Sea horse goes to my pile." I said.

Good, now another name." Grammy replied.

Indigo?" I asked.

Good, now I'll choose two more." She answered. "Sea weed and Coral."

Nope." I replied.

None of my names?" She asked.

They do not suit her well." I answered.

How about Sea Serpent and Serpent?" Grammy asked.

Both good." I answered. "Now, Ocean, Moray, Orca and dolphin."

All very good choices." She replied.

Now what?" I asked.

Now we choose." Grammy answered with another one of her warm smiles.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note from the Author- Deadrosepetal

Hello! Now, I have a question for you (Ursea, because you're probably the only one reading this), write in the comments what you want for the baby dragons name to be, it has to be of the following though.

1) Indigo

2) Moray

3) Sea serpent

4) Serpent

5) Dolphin

6) Orca

And last but not least, Sea horse.

Alright now write down in the comment section or wherever the hell it is, which one of those names the baby dragon should be named. Bye! -Deadrosepetal