Chapter 19

I wanted to hide but leaving would make him suspicious.
I couldn't understand why he came to find me. Why did he care? He had sent me here but then again, it was to be killed by Caspian, so was he here to make sure I couldn't defeat him in a war?

Moray grabbed me and looked into my eyes. "You need to hide."

Where?" I asked quietly.

I know a place." Hurricane quietly answered as he quickly grabbed my hand and slowly started moving through the crowd. "He wont recognize you if he finds you, you went into the water and so the spell lasts even when you are not in the temple, but it will only last at least four hours, hopefully he stops looking by then."

I do not want to be alone." I whimpered.

I can not stay out here with you as a child very long. I do not know why but I just can not stay I am truly sorry and I wish you the best of luck." He explained.

Is there not a hiding place inside? Why can I not stay in here and stand among you all?" I asked.

Because, he might try something, and he might keep looking for someone to say that they are you, if no one says that he might kill us all until he finds you." Hurri explained.

No, you have to stay here now, get Moray, you have to escape." I sobbed.

It is not safe to move anymore in there, I have to get you out and then I have to go back to tell Moray that you are safe." He said.

But I will not know that you are all safe. What if you are both dead, I need my friends with me, you can not just go back to the place where you might die." I hissed.

I am sorry, but I have to go back."

Why can I not just turn myself in?" I asked.

Because you are the queen and we need our queen to live or else some other evil elf might come along and steal the throne." He answered as he dragged me down the road.

I do not understand any of this." I said.

I do not either, but all I know is that you need to stay hidden or you need to flee." He replied.

I pray for everyone's safety." I sighed as he took both of my hands in his.

I will make sure everything is fine." Hurricane assured me.

For a young boy you are very intelligent and very adult like." I slightly chuckled.

I have had practice and I am always surrounded by adults." He answered.

I tried to smile but fear was overwhelming me. "If you and Moray survive come find me, and if I am dead, Moray gets the kingdom."

Why not me?" He asked.

Your mother will rule over you and use you to rule the kingdom, you will not be ruling it, she will, you will just be giving the commands that she told you." I explained and he quickly nodded.
I could hear yelling in the distance and Hurricane looked into my eyes.

I will survive for you."

And just like that, he was gone. I started to cry silently as it got colder outside, that is what happened to a large area of land when Winter got angry. I could not help but wonder what was going on, and then I could hear screaming. I heard screams of terror and I knew what was happening. Why did he want to defeat me so badly? I was only a child and could do no harm to him.
The screaming stopped and everything became silent. I wanted to look outside but I was too terrified. My small little opening was still big enough for Winter to see me but, was it hidden enough behind the waterfall?
I could hear Winters roars and I began crying even more, and I was trying to keep silent, but then I started crying out for help, I could not control myself and he stopped yelling my name. I could see frost appearing in front of me and I knew he was close; I covered my mouth and tried moving as far back into the hole as I could. I slowed my breathing but then I remembered what happened with breath in the cold. I held my breath for as long as I could and then I would exhale and breathe in and hold it again.
Soon there was snow in front of my little hiding place and I could hear the crunching of footsteps just outside. My heart nearly stopped and I nearly screamed, but I held everything in and my heart kept going. I forgot to breathe and I was feeling light headed, I realized how much I hurt and I slowly exhaled, but then I heard a chuckle and my heart stopped. He didn't say anything and suddenly, all was quiet.

SURPRISE!" He cried and I screamed.

He pulled me out and threw me into the cold snow.

He suddenly looked very disappointed. "Where is the queen?" I stayed silent and that only angered him. "WHERE IS SHE!!"

She is on her way to the fire kingdom, she is at least half way by now." I whimpered.

Who did you support as the rulers here? Tell the truth because I will know when you are lying." He said.

I-I supported Caspian, he was a great king and the old rulers were nothing but mistakes." I lied.

You really thought that?" He asked.

Yes, I personally hate that River killed him." I answered.

Why do you not address River as Queen?" He asked.

Because she is not my queen." I answered.

You are free to go." Winter growled as he began to walk away angrily.

I could not believe it. He had believed every word I had said.
As soon as he was out of sight I took my opportunity of freedom and ran towards the temple.