Chapter 20

As I entered the temple I was already crying out in terror and sadness. There were many dead elves everywhere at the entrance, and so many were lying in pools of blood on the inside. There were also elves still alive.
I had looked around at all the elves and I noticed something moving in the corner of my eye, I looked and saw it was a small dragon. "Moray!" I cried as I ran over to her tripping over the bodies. The water had frozen over and the entire room was covered in ice and was freezing.

He killed almost every one of them." Moray whimpered and I looked around.

Where is he?" I asked. "Where is Hurricane?"

Last I saw him, he was trying to get his mother out safely, I do not know if he survived." She answered quietly.

I need you to help me get these elves to safety, they need to be treated." I cried and she nodded.
We began dragging out as many live bodies as we could outside. I had taken coats and scarves, whatever I could find on those who were dead and I gave them to those we were saving.
As the sun started to show I could hear yelling in the distance and I knew it was my guards and those who weren't at the party, coming to help take these injured elves to the infirmary.
Moray hugged me tightly as we both cried, and we knelt down on the frozen tiles crying in grief.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
At least nine years had passed and no one could find Hurricane and his mother. We had looked everywhere, and each day that I got the message from my guards that they had not been found dead or alive, I would go to the beach and cry on a rock that I had claimed my own. No one ever went to the beach since they were all still grieving their dead siblings, parents and children, or just family members. It was the same day that the attack had occurred on. I started crying as I sat on the rock, Moray did not come to see if I was ok because she knew I was not and did not want to bother me while I was letting out my emotions, because to me, this was the only place where I could, because otherwise it would show that I had strong emotions and would make my kingdom think that I was not as strong as they thought I was. I had turned seventeen that last month and I had cried that day too. Winter had never found me and he had probably forgotten and assumed that he must have killed me in the temple, ha! Nope! It amused me that I could laugh about that, it was slightly funny that he had just passed me, assuming I was just a regular villager that supported the evil, he was wrong, he had no idea I was whom he was looking for. But even though I could laugh about that, I still wondered what had gone wrong in the temple and what would have happened to me if Winter had found out I was me. Would he have killed me or, would he have tortured me? Would he have let me go to live the rest of my life? All those questions would remain unknown because that had been in the past. After ten years Winter just assumed that some evil elf had taken over and wanted nothing to do with the throne of a different kingdom so, he never visited or looked there again.
I decided that I was done crying and I got up and saw someone in the distance, just starring at me. It made me uncomfortable so I started to leave, but, the figure just stood there watching me. I finally got enough courage to call out. "Hello?!" But the creature did not say a word.
I could feel it getting colder and I saw that the waves in the ocean started to slow down. My heart nearly stopped and I stood there frozen. Was that Winter? Had he come back for me? I just stood there waiting for my fate as the figure started to come closer and closer. After a few minutes I started to see a pale colour which made my blood run cold. Who was this elf and why were they there?
Soon I was face to face with an Ice elf and I shivered. "Wh-who are you?"

Are you Queen River of the water elves?" He asked.

Y-yes." I answered quietly.

Follow me." He ordered and I did so without another word.

I followed him into the old water temple where almost every water elf who had gone to the last ball there died. "Who are you?" I asked again but was only ignored, AGAIN!

Winter is still wondering if you are alive." The ice elf said.

O-ok, you are not going to, t-tell him I am alive a-are you?" I asked.

Why should I? He is a disgrace to the Ice kingdom and he is nothing but pure evil." The elf growled and I let out a sigh of relief. "I am just trying to get rid of anyone who says otherwise."

I gulped in fear. "Th-there is no murder in my kingdom anymore, that is considered a sin."

Listen, my sister needs help, she is following behind Winter like a pet, she does whatever he says, luckily I have not been discovered yet and my father still takes care of me." He explained.

Who is your father?" I asked quietly.

I can not give anyone names or something bad might happen, I am just trying to protect my family which means that I need to protect you." The mystery elf answered.

What do you mean?" I asked.

Sorry, I forgot that you still do not know me. My name is Frost, and umm, I am your brother." He answered.

I did not take a minute to process what had just happened and I fainted within a second after hearing him say he was my brother...