Chapter 21

I felt shocked. This mysterious Ice Elf was my brother? And I had a mysterious sister as well? "You have to be lying."

I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth." Frost answered.

That is a lie." I hissed.

I just told you I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth." He complained.

And that is a lie." I replied.

But I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth!" He cried.

AND THAT IS A LIE!" I roared.

You can not be my sister, he must have gotten the name wrong." Frost said.

Who is your father?" I asked.

General Reaver of the Fire kingdom, he is just not general anymore." He answered.

And why is that?" I asked.

My birth mother Tera, and my father Reaver, fell in love in my Aunt Poppy's kingdom of Fire, also my Uncle Magnus's kingdom, he is actually the king." Frost explained.

Your mother was Queen Tera of the elemental kingdom?" I asked.

Yes, my father tells me great stories about her, and that she gave up her life for us." He answered.

I wish that she was not dead, she took care of me, and I wish that king Winter would have given me up so that I could have grown up with you and, your sister." I said.

The name of my sister is Gloria." He answered.

Such a pretty name." I replied.

Yeah well, she is in pretty big trouble, she found out that Winter is our actual father and she is obsessed! She is becoming him, and she has Ice elf in her, which makes it an even bigger deal to her." Frost explained.

Not my problem." I said.

Please, you are our sister, you are the eldest, you have to help." He replied.

No I do not." I answered.

Please, you survived Winter, he sent you to your death, and you were saved, months later you became queen ad he came back to a party to kill you, you escaped, you are a legend to us, please, I need your help." He cried. "Gloria needs your help."

I looked away and sighed. "Fine, I will help. For the sake of elven kind."

Thank you!" Frost cheered.

But if she just gets even worse, you owe me."

Of course, and, another thing you need to know, you are going to have to face Winter." He said.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!?" I roared and somehow Moray just appeared behind me and jumped forwards at Frost, attacking him in her dragon form.

In the name of Starcrest! What the hell is happening!" Frost cried as he tried to use his powers on Moray.

And who is this attacker of yours your majesty?" Moray hissed as she clawed at Frosts arms.

Apparently he is family." I mumbled.

Why did you yell then?" She asked.

Because. I-I h-have to face; Winter." I stuttered.

I do not see what the big deal is." Frost replied as he tried pushing Morays huge dragon form off of him. "He is not even that strong yet."

He is not that strong? He is not that strong yet? He killed many of my subjects a few years ago!" I cried.

You can make him pay, I hear that you are one of the best queens right now, Winter still does not know that you are you, he thinks you are dead." He said.

You have no idea, I may be the best queen, but, I am the weakest of them, I have never killed more than one elf my entire life." I whimpered. "Even that one death still haunts me, but I do not want to loose my life. Winter is strong and he will try to kill me."

What matters more? Your own life, or an entire continent of elves who need you to stop him?"

I did not answer, I only turned away and left.
___________________________________________________________________________
The palace was cold that night. Frosts words had dug into me and left me with a cold feeling. What he had said was the truth and I should have decided to help him, but, terror took the best of me.
I could hear a faint call for me but I ignored it and looked at my feet as I sat alone on the side of a pool where my feet were dangling off the side. The faint call got louder and louder and I could suddenly hear footsteps but, the elf or creature was running.

Your majesty!!!" Moray cried. "Your majesty!"

I got up quickly and looked up at her. "When did you grow again?"

Just a few moments ago." She answered.

If that is what you have come to tell me then this is a waste of time." I hissed.

After a Drelf shifter reaches a certain size they stop growing, they only start to grow more if something bad is going to happen." She explained.

When did you reach that certain size?" I asked.

Two years ago." She answered.

Is there some way, that you might know, why, you have grown more?"

No, but Frost came back to tell you that he is leaving this morning to go back to the elemental kingdom, he said that he will wait for you, but if you do not come, he is going to go back without you." Moray explained. "So you need to make a decision now, or he is going to stop Winter himself, and possibly get himself killed."

Then let him." I replied with a shrug. "I am not going to go back to that kingdom ever, unless they have a good ruler."

The continent is counting on you! You have to go back, or Winter is going to kill everyone who does not do what he says!" She cried.

I looked down at my feet again and sighed deeply. "There is nothing I can do. The moment I step foot in that kingdom, he is not going to hesitate when he comes to kill me."

Please your majesty, we all need you to be our queen, that means that you have to make choices on wether to protect us, or to let us down." She replied.

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. "I will do it."