Chapter 20 - The Street Artist & Shadow Princess

Start from the beginning

"Anyways, will you do it?" Kizuko questioned.

"Sure!" The four of us said in unison.

"Awesome! Thanks a bunch!" Kizuko grinned once again as she threw on her cap.

"Thank you" Hotaru gave a slight bow, then clapped her hands together once. When she parted them, four cards and four pieces of paper appeared in her hands.

"WOAH HOW'D YOU DO THAT?! I love magic!" Emi's eyes had sparkles in them.

Hotaru's expressionless and stern face melted into a small smile.

"Please read the contents. The card will allow you access into the filming studio, and the paper has directions on where to go. Until then." Hotaru gave another bow, then left.

"This is gonna be so much fun! I'm gonna fly to my dreams!" Emi stood up, beaming.

"A movie huh? Finally, a chance to show off my excellent acting skills" Hanaka smiled smugly.

"I'm excited to act in a movie! Aren't you too Kazuna?" Miru cheered. My friends all turned to look at me.

"Huh? Oh yeah! It's gonna be great!" I smiled as widely as I could.

"Yeah! It's gonna be fantastic!" Miru threw a fist pump in the air. As she did so, she accidentally hit Hanaka, who was now screeching and Hanaka-Slapping Miru, who was too busy laughing at Hanaka's screeching to care.

I could see Emi out of the corner of my eye, a look of confusion and worry on her face.

***

We all woke up early the next day to get to the filming studio.

"I'm super excited!" Emi smiled broadly. "This is a great opportunity!"

"It sure is! By the way, have any of you seen the new Dinosaur show?" Miru said excitedly.

"Are you serious?" Hanaka rolled her eyes.

"Umm...no, but have you guys watched the newest Epiphany movie? It's like their life story, and it's the best!" Emi started to skip happily.

"Hey, speaking of Epiphany, I haven't seen them around at all, or Just Soar." Hanaka said.

"That's because they've both been on tour. They'll be returning tomorrow though! Graduation is coming up after all!" Emi responded immediately.

"Geez, how do you know all this?" Hanaka mumbled.

"IdolDream of course! They post their newest updates there!" Emi smiled happily.

"Don't you think you're a little too obsessed?" Hanaka asked.

"No! Not at all!"

"Yeah, sure."

As Emi was denying everything Hanaka was saying, Miru tapped my shoulder.

"Kazuna, wanna watch the latest Dinosaur episode with me?"

"Uh, no thanks" I declined. "Also, you probably shouldn't be on your phone when walking."