Chapter 8 - Let's Go! Royal Sunshine!

Our dreams are rising and our hearts are singing. Aikatsu Dreams is about to begin!

---

Kazuna

"Really? That's so cool!" I exclaimed as Hanaka told me the news. Hanaka and Miru's class, Sapphire Melody, was going on a trip. The class was heading to a camping site. They would be exploring the woods nearby, and according to Hanaka, Akane and Kaguya had arranged a challenge for them, but no one knew what it was just then.

"How long will you be gone?" Emi asked Miru.

"We're leaving at Lunch and will be back tomorrow evening! Everyone's already got they're things packed too" Miru answered. "This stegosaurus is ready to pounce!"

***

Emi and I waved Hanaka and Miru off as they boarded the bus, their luggage already inside. We watched as the bus went out of sight.

"I wish we'll have something exciting happen soon" Emi said sulkily. She really would've liked to go.

"I guess we'll just have to wait. And something exciting is happening!" I said, excitement bubbling up inside of me.

"What's that?" Emi questioned, titling her head.

"Your solo performance!" I responded happily.

Emi had a huge smile on her face, and she gave me a hug. "I honestly can't wait! I'm a little nervous, but I'm so excited to perform! I'm gonna fly to my dreams!" Emi said, doing a fist pump in the air.

"I like the sound of that!" I also did a fist pump in the air, alongside Emi. After giggling and smiling at one another, Emi opened her mouth to speak.

"Ya know, I'm actually feeling pretty curious about Hanaka and Miru. Despite being polar opposites, and despite the fact that they always seem to be arguing with one another, they decided to be partners..." Emi said, staring at the sky. I began to ponder this as well.

***

"MIRU! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Hanaka yelled. Miru was currently doing some weird dance.

"It's the stegosaurus dance! For some reason, I had a dream that I was doing this dance yesterday! It was a video game level. The final boss. The final boss was a bunch of mini me's doing this dance while saying ugly" Miru told Hanaka.

Hanaka took one look at Miru, and walked away.

"Hey! Wait up! We have to finish setting up the tent!"

***

"All right troops! Gather around!" Akane said into the megaphone as she stood on top of a log. Kaguya, who was standing next to her, swiped the megaphone from Akane and spoke into it.

"We have an important announcement to make!" Kaguya said cheerfully.

Hanaka, Miru, and the rest of Sapphire Melody gathered around the two top idols.

"The challenge we were mentioning before shall now be revealed!" Kaguya said in a dramatic fashion. Akane took the megaphone from Kaguya's clutches.

"This is the challenge! Firstly, we'll be heading into the woods! After, you'll split up into your unit pairs, and the two of you will have to make it back here! But that's not all. Kaguya and I have assigned every pair an object-"