Chapter 3 - A Beautiful Melody ♫

Our dreams are rising and our hearts are singing! Aikatsu Dreams is about to begin!

---

Emi

"KAZUNA KAZUNA KAZUNA!" I yelled as I rushed over to her in the cafeteria. It was finally Lunch, and while I went to put my empty food tray away, I saw a poster on the notice board. It was about a contest Epiphany was hosting. Epiphany would choose three names from a hat, and then, those three would compete to earn some points, AND Epiphany themselves would give them a surprise! I desperately wanted to be chosen for this contest.

"What's wrong Emi?" Kazuna asked as she put her tray down on a table and took a seat. I sat down next to her and whipped out my Aikatsu Mobile. I went to the 'Stardust Academy News' app, and showed her the details.

"We HAVE to enter!" I said enthusiastically.

"I like the sound of that!" Kazuna replied, her eyes dazzling. Her smile slowly faded away. "But...this contest..." Kazuna mumbled.

"I'm super hyped!" I said happily, my face glowing. "Okay then! I'm gonna fly to my dreams!" I said as I stood up, my eyes sparkling.

"I'm going outside to train! See you later Kazuna!" I stated before running off.

"Wait a sec!" Kazuna said. I turned back.

"Yeah?"

"Never mind..." she replied.

"Are you okay Kazuna?" I asked worriedly. She nodded happily.

"Once I finish Lunch, I'll come join you!" Kazuna replied.

"...Okay..." I said. I felt like something was wrong, but I didn't know what to do.

***

"Aikatsu! Aikatsu! Aikatsu!" Kazuna and I chanted as we ran down the track. Kazuna seemed to be distracted.

"Hey, you okay Kazuna?" I asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine! Just thinking!" she told me.

"Well...okay then. But if something's bothering you, you know that you can always tell me! Anyways, I'm going to get our drink bottles. Be right back!" I said.

A few minutes later, as I was searching for our drink bottles, Kaito had gone on the track and caught up with Kazuna.

"Hey Kazuna! How are you?" Kaito asked.

"I'm great!" Kazuna responded.

"You sure? You seem a little down" Kaito said.l

"And how would you know that?" Kazuna asked.

"I can tell" Kaito replied simply.

"Honestly, it's nothing really. I'm just thinking about Epiphany's upcoming contest."

"Speaking of Epiphany, I heard that an interview featuring them is about to air" Kaito said. "Anyways, I gotta go find Ryuu. I need to make sure that he's not doing something stupid again. Bye!" Kaito said, running off.