| 19 |

Tapping away a rhythm that I was familiar with. It wasn't a song that people knew, it wasn't a famous one. It's a fragment of a memory that I couldn't even recall. I stared into the abyss as I tried to figure out where exactly I heard such a fine before. "Stop that. We have company." Zero warned before standing up to greet Jae.

"Hey." The man, who happened to be slightly taller than my twin, called out, smiling as he made eye contact with my brother, before sitting himself down on a chair.

"I'm going to get us a few drinks. Got any preferences?" Ro asked politely. I shook my head, knowing that I could care less about our identical tastebuds.

"You know me." Jae simply stated with a smile before watching my brother disappear.

"Second date today?" Luna questioned, as she appeared with Talia behind her.

I froze unconsciously, barely realising that I was replicating anything crimson at my cheeks. "I guess you could say that." Jae joked, barely making eye contact with me. His words drove me to the edge of my own sanity as I mentally tried to figure out of whether he was joking. I hope he wasn't.

"I'm back." Zero announced as he came towards us. I turned to face him and smiled, not because I missed him or anything but because I was expecting my drink.

"Did I miss something?" Jae randomly asked, pulling our attention to Luna, who he was awkwardly staring at.

"Earlier on a call, Luna declared that she wanted to have babies with-" Talia started but never finished since Luna practically elbowed her in her stomach. Yes, I know, we're delicate little lotuses.

"Me." Zero finished as he took his seat, unknowingly embarrassing Luna more. I sat silently as I wasn't sure of how to reply. While Talia slouched while embracing her pained stomach. Luna avoided making eye contact with any of us. Jae on the other hand decided to act annoying by opening his huge mouth, "Can I be the godfather then?"

We all looked up and glared at him, mostly as a way of asking him to shut up and not say anything since it was clear to us that Luna wasn't having it. "Okay fine. I'm sorry." Jae sincerely said, "But come on. I ship you both. You'd make a cute couple."

I kicked him. "Ow!" He exclaimed.

"That's one harsh way to play footsies under the table." June commented sarcastically, appearing out of practically nowhere.

"And obvious." Luna added, smirking at Jae, as if to embarrass him. Revenge is sweet and best served cold.

"Don't even try it." Zero warmed him, taking the protective older brother role. I rolled my eyes, "Hypocrisy rolls of your tongue like saliva." It was a sarcastic and harsh comment, I know.

"Says you." He hissed back and his eyes grew dark as he glared at me.

"So you just confessed that you would actually date me?" Jae smirked. I froze without a smart and witty comeback for him.

"What makes you think I'd ever date you?" I asked, testing the waters I was currently drowning in.

"Let me see, the way you look at me and the way you blushed when Luna called this a date?" He smirked and pulled out the evidence. He saw me blush? Of course he did, I could make a perfectly ripe tomato jealous of how red I turned. What was I thinking?

"Fuck off." I casually pushed away. My pride just got hurt and I wanted to scream at him for that.

"You actually like him?" Zero asked, as if he didn't understand why someone would choose to like his ridiculously handsome best friend.

"Have you seen him? Of course your sister would like him!" June intervened, opening his mouth in a hysterical manner.

"So you're lowkey gay?" Talia teased.

"Are you insane? Why would I be gay?" He asked her in a tone that indicated he was offensive.

"By your tone, I'm guessing your homophobic?" Jae asked, more curious than comedic.

"No. I'm not homophobic. I'm just not gay. Unless someone at this table decides to change from being female to male." June joked at the end. But we just all froze and stared as we tried to catch on with what he was going on about.

"Who?" Talia cluelessly asked as she stared at us, it clicked then. June was crushing on Talia.

"You're kidding, right?" June accusatively declared.

"I don't think she is." Jae quietly replied, watching Talia bite her lip in anxiousness.

"How do you not know that I like you?" June questioned, clearly taken aback and shocked at the revelation. At that point, both Jae and Ro turned to look at June who seemed pretty pissed. I guess it wasn't just us girls who were shocked at his confession.

"I just didn't." Talia whispered to herself loudly.

"You know what? Forget it." June responded, before running out of the restaurant. We all froze before turning to look at my best friend.

"I think you should talk to him." Luna advised. Surprisingly, she nodded and ran off after him, not waiting for her dinner.

"What about her dinner?" Zero asked, holding her plate in his hand.

"Pack it. We'll drop it off at her place." Luna instructed, grabbing her plate as Ro grabbed his and stood up. They both headed to the counter and waited to ask to pack their dinners. I turned to look at Jae, who seemed confused, before turning back to stone my brother walking towards me, "I'm going to help Luna drop off Talia's dinner. I'll drop her off home so might get back late." He was talking to me before turning to his best friend, "Take care of my sister." We both nodded before watching him disappear from our sight.

"So..." Jae elongated.

"What?" I turned and asked him.

"Did Luna really admit to wanting to make babies with your twin?" He questioned. I laughed before answering, "Yeah. She didn't know he was in my room and was trying to get my attention and said that. He walked in on it and got the wrong impression."

"So it was a joke?" He questioned.

"I guess." I smiled.

"How'd that make you feel?"

"I was a little shocked but I guess I just have to get ahold of myself and let them think for themselves." I answered in all seriousness.

"So that means your brother has no choice but to feel the same way about you and I." He flirted, leaning in towards me and staring into me eyes. I swear that the lights turned dim to set the mood right. I couldn't move even if I wanted to, so I sat still and watched his lips move closer to mine.

Less than five inches apart, the space was reducing as we both moved closer.