NINE

WEDNESDAY

the days passed slowly from sunday to wednesday.  the weird feeling that hoseok and yoongi felt were still prominent, if not more so.  to the point that hoseok stayed home from dance practice, yoongi from his shift at work.  they felt way to nervous to even talk to anyone but each other and jin, who seemed unaffected by the strange feelings.  

yoongi had googled possible causes for the feeling.  all of them were equally ridiculous.  scorpio season, one blog said.  too much bad energy, another stated.  a wizard is coming to your house, another said.  the most stupid one said that yoongi had bad business on the 'other side'.  he shook his head, closing the tabs on his laptop, closing the screen.  

talk me down by troye sivan played softly from the speaker on the kitchen table.  hoseok was snoring on the couch, having lost multiple hours of sleep the night before due to explainable nerves.  yoongi looked at him sympathetically.  he could relate, feeling the same intense strangeness, as if he was worried that all of the color in the world would drain away if he wasn't cautious.  he felt like the was on the edge of the cliff, and his feet were slipping closer, closer, closer, clo-

DING DONG.

yoongi bolted upright, the image of a cliff fading as his heart beat horribly loud in his chest.  he glanced at the clock.  jin wouldn't be home for another three hours, seeing as it was only 7.00 PM.  hoseok had woken up too, his face pale as his fingers shook, seemingly more affected now than yoongi was.  the older boy had a strange feeling that right now was the apex of his fear; maybe all the strange feelings were leading to this point.  he couldn't imagine why, though.  

''maybe it's jimin, he should be home by now,'' yoongi reasoned, trying to calm his breathing and reassure his friend, who looked green with worry.  hoseok nodded, standing up shakily.  

''sure, probably.  i mean, wh- who else would it b-be?''  hoseok stuttered out, and yoongi patted his shoulder before walking to the doorway, not being able to make out a figure from the glass panels.  

yoongi looked behind him at hoseok, who was fiddling with the rim of his shirt, in a nervous state that yoongi hand't seen since the first day of college, when they'd met in their music lecture.  hoseok tried for a smile that seemed forced, and yoongi regained the courage to turn the door knob, trying to ignore the way he could almost see the black waves of what he expected to be evil seeping from under the door.  

he swung open the door.  

''who the fuck are you?  and what the fuck are you doing to my plant?'' yoongi asked, both shocked and creeped out.  hoseok started laughing from behind him, bending over in hysterics at the sight on the other side of the door.  

''i was nervous for this? this?  this fucking plant inspector?  what the fuck!'' hoseok exclaimed, his voice high pitched in humor as he watched with wide eyes.  

yoongi turned his attention back to the man at the door.  it was a lot to take in.  

a big blue cloak covered his body.  he had light brown hair, and kind blue eyes.  his skin was tan and smooth, his dark blue pants tight at the thighs and waist.  he had on a sheer, see through, black long sleeve top, most of it covered by the cloak.  his feet were covered in black, heavy boots similar to yoongi's own ones.  his hands had intricate, thin, rose shaped tattoos on them.  his eyes were lined in thin black liner, forming swirls near the outer corners.  mostly, the strangest thing was the black, pulsing light that surrounded his body.  

since it was still dawn, the sky was a shallow blue color, the sun starting to hide beneath the horizon.  this man's pulsing light, or absence of it, stood out, and when he saw yoongi looking, he blinked twice, the light vanishing instantly.