THREE

''why the fuck did i agree to this nancy drew bullshit.''  hoseok said, looking annoyed as he pulled on the sleeves of his long-sleeve black shirt.  yoongi was beside him, dressed similarly in all black, but the difference was that he looked determined, whereas hoseok was only powered by an extra large energy drink.

''because you're a loyal friend, and are curious about why jimin acts like he's on crack on a tight schedule.''  yoongi said, and hoseok didn't reply.  he didn't want to admit that he actually did want to know why the kid was so hyper at night. 

he didn't think it was worth this, though.  

yoongi and hoseok were standing outside in their backyard, dressed in all black at 2.15 AM. jin wasn't home, thank god.  if he was, he'd scold them for being nosy, and then set up security cameras.  the two were near the fence that connected the three friends to the parks, and yoongi was ready to jump over it.  he judged how much effort it would take to climb.  

''do you need a chair, shorty?''  hoseok asked, and yoongi kicked his leg before grabbing the first rung on the fence, the climbable side conveniently on their side of it.  

yoongi got all the way to the top, which wasn't far for most people, but was for him and his short legs.  he heaved his leg up, swinging it over the fence. 

and then the strangest thing happened. 

it was like there was glass against the fence.  yoongi's leg just wouldn't go over.  

''what the fuck are you doing?  you look like you're trying to kick the sky, repeatedly.''  hoseok said, frowning up at yoongi who kept attempting to throw his leg over.  

''it won't go over!'' he said, and hoseok snorted.  

''you're doing it wrong.''  he replied, climbing up beside yoongi as the older boy huffed in annoyance.  

hoseok too attempted to throw his leg over once he reached the top, but just like yoongi his foot bounced right off of thin air, not letting him get to the other side.  

''what the fuck?" he said, and yoongi groaned, realizing he'd never be able to get to the park's backyard.  

''this is pointless.''  he said, and hoseok kept trying to kick the air as yoongi hopped off the fence, instead climbing a different part of it.  he almost covered the whole fence, but nothing would budge.  he frowned at jimin's window from his spot on the fence.  he could see the wall now, the one where jimin usually faced.

 it looked completely normal, a few shelves on it, trophies and medals stacked on them, books piled up.  jimin had posters of celebrities on his wall, and a signed picture of shawn mendes was over his bed head. the boy who owned the room wasn't even in it.  nothing was broken on the floor.  no walls were damaged, there were no cracks in the roof.  

''how on earth,'' yoongi wondered aloud.  then jimin walked into his room.  

yoongi ducked below the fence line.  the fence was so close to jimin's window it was practically on it.  yoongi stayed hidden for another few minutes before slowly popping his head up again.  he almost screamed out loud when he saw jimin's face centimeters away from the glass, inches from yoongi's.  

''ah!''  yoongi exclaimed, shocked as he jumped backwards off the fence, catching jimin's shocked expression before his face disappeared from view.

''what's up?''  hoseok said, jogging over to yoongi, who was wheezing from the near fall.  

''i saw him! he knows i was watching him!''  yoongi said, and hoseok laughed. 

''who cares?  these people are weird, yeah.  but he wasn't doing anything, and his walls looked normal from what i saw.''  hoseok said, arms crossed over his chest.