Burn the couch

4 days later
*Dahlia*
"Welcome home". I call as I open the door. Maddie is walking up the path with Anele on her arm. Tom is helping the chauffeur and a young woman unload the bags.

"Thank you". Maddies smiles happily.

I pull her in for a one armed hug, trying not to squeeze Anele. "Wow you look amazing sweetie. You are glowing".

"It's the tan. Unfortunately it wont stay forever here in London". She giggles softly. "Even Tom has a tan".

I look at the young woman helping Tom with the bags. Then whisper to Maddie "So.. that's the nanny.. oh lord I get why you are not happy about it".

"Actually she has kind of grown on me. She is sweet and competent. Only thing I hate is the way she is very.. physical, but actually I think it is the way she just is".

"Happy to hear you are getting used to her". I look at her, as she laughs at something Tom says and touches his arm. "Yeah not sure I could deal with that".

She looks at me. "Are you jealous Dahlia ? Seriously Zac hardly see other women, I wouldn't be scared if I was you".

"Well neither should you be. Tom adores you". And as on command Tom looks up and smile that adoring smile that is reserved for when he is looking at his wife.

"Talking about husbands.. where are you handsome one hiding". Maddie looks curiously.

I giggle. "This you have to see, come".

I lead her to their bedroom, where Stellas crib is standing. On the bed is Zac, sound asleep on his back, Stella sleeping on his chest and the two dogs wrapped around each other, kind of tucked into one of his armpits.

Maddie giggles. "I guess someone was tired".

"He went up to tug her in for her nap, found him like this 20 min later.. they have been sleeping for more than an hour now". I can't help smiling as I watch them.

Bobby lifts his head, having heard Maddie's voice and starts yapping excitedly when he sees her, untangling himself from Zac and Molly.

"Hi Bobs". Maddie squats down to cuddle the dog and he sprints over to her.

I gently take Stella from Zac's chest, placing her in her crib, afraid the sound could make him sit up or something, forgetting where she was.

As I return to the bed I am suddenly pulled under Zac, making me squeal. He growls close to my ear. "Any reason in particular you removed her ? Wanting me to yourself perhaps ?"

Maddie clears her throat and giggles. "Uhh Zac, not in our bed please".

"Whoops, didn't see you there.. welcome home Mads". He rolls of me, smiling cheekily at Maddie.

"Well thanks Zac". She stands up, shaking her head. "I think I have some sheets to boil.. or maybe burn".

Zac chuckles in a way that makes me blush, and slap him on the chest. "You better go down and say hi to Tom".

"Yeah I have a chicken to pluck with him about Bobby". He say giving me a quick kiss and hurry out the room.

*Tom*
"Hi Zac". I look up and see him come down the stairs. "Come say hello to Vera".

Zac's eyes widens slightly as Vera turns to smile at him. Well the dress she is wearing is hugging her shapely body perfectly and shows of quite a lot of cleavage. "Hi Zac, a pleasure to meet you".

"Oh the pleasure is all mine". He grabs her hand kissing it. "Vera, thats a very special name.. nordic right ?"

"Swedish yeah". She looks at me, kind of confused.

I shake my head. "Ignore it.. That's just how Zac is, he doesn't realise that he is flirting".

"Flirting !? I would never ...".

"Oh stop it, you flirt all the time, just be happy I know you and trust you". Dahlia say coming down the stairs.

Zac makes the most innocent face. "Sorry, I don't mean to do it".

"Of course you don't babe, it's just how you are. So very very charming". Dahlia giggles, and stretches up to kiss him softly.

"Tom we need new sheets.. the one on the beds are going to be burned". Maddie say, as she comes down with the dogs around her feet.

I roll my eyes and glare at Zac.

He shrugs with a cheeky grin. "You might want to burn to couch to then".

"Zac !" Maddie and Dahlia gasp at the same time, but were Maddie is shooting daggers at him, Dahlia is blushing furiously.

"Yeah you owe me a new couch Zac". I say glaring at him.

He crosses his arms. "Have to be fair payment for Your mut defiling my little girl, apparently he takes after his 'father'".

"Seriously.. did you just call me a dog ?" I stare at him. "What did you expect Zac ? There is a reason it's called going at it like dogs in heat. You can't blame Bobby when Your bitch was in heat".

"Did you just call my sweet little girl a bitch ?" Zac looks actually offended.

Vera suddenly steps in between us, clapping her hands hard together. "Hey you two, stop with the fucking pissing contest and act like men.. Zac a bitch is the correct name for a female dog, so calm down. And Tom, stop provoking him, you might be able to outrun him, but he can turn you into a pretzel".

Maddie laughs and Dahlia smile. "I like her, I like her a lot".