Twenty-Three

I jerked awake in the middle of the night with cold shakes and sweat running down my face.
"You ok?" Bran was sitting up in the bed watching me.
"Bad dream." I groaned leaning back against the head board.
"Your safe now." He whispered lacing his fingers with mine.
"For how long?" I let out a sigh. "They'll come for me."
"No. They won't." He growled. "Jerry will find their hideout and we will kill them all if necessary."
"I'm sorry." I let all my tear flow out which made me a mess. Bran didn't know what to do, as usual and just held onto me not letting go.

The rest of the night was spent channel surfing and crying some more. I need to toughen up, but it's getting harder. The snakes won't stop until I give in or they have me for what they want. And while I'm pregnant I can't do anything.
"You haven't slept." Chels said coming down the stairs. It was more of an observation the a question.
"Not really. I don't think I can."
"Girl, you need rest. It's not about you anymore. You're pregnant." She stalked over and sat down beside me.
"I know." I frowned. "I will try. Wake me up in an hour or so."
I walked up the stairs and threw myself down on the bed. Bran left early this morning to meet Jerry, even after staying up all night with me. I let out a sigh and tried to get comfortable just so I could sleep. I'm exhausted but I just couldn't do it. I closed my eyes and counted sheep like my grandparents taught me to do when I was scared. Sleep finally overtook me.

I woke up with someone rubbing over my hair. I shot up and started panting until I saw who it was.
"Whoa." Bran jerked his hand away. "I didn't mean to scare you."
"It's fine. What's up?"
"You've slept nearly all day. Come eat something."
I didn't feel like arguing so I did what I was asked to do. I got up out of the bed and followed bran downstairs. Sunny and chels were getting along, which is good I suppose. Mark and Lisa were in their room having time together. And bran, after waking me up was getting me some food.
Everything seemed to be looking up right now, which I guess is good.
Maybe everything was going back to normal, but maybe not. My mom risked her own life to let me go.
"You done?" Sunny chirped pointing at my bowl.
"Yea."
"I'll take it then." She smiled throwing dishes into the sink. "It's my turn to do dishes."
"I'll help." Chels jumped up to her feet.
"Chels, maybe you should tell bran and Laura what you wanted to do." Sunny smiled at chels and winked.
"What did you want to do?" I asked sitting up straighter.
"I was wanting to join you guys....if that's ok?"
"Yea. No problem. You'll have to do the same thing Laura had to do." Bran said crossing his arms. "Dance and fight."
"I can do that." She smiled nodding.
Chels was my best friend, and after thinking I'd lose her, she's here now and I loved her for what she did.

The rest of the day went by in a quick manner. Jimmy came by and told bran they found where the snakes were keeping me. The next move would to invade the building and clear any snakes out-if they stayed or moved buildings again.
"Chels its time." I opened the door peeking my head inside. "Dancing time. Then you wait an hour and fight."
"Who am I fighting?"
"Sunny." I pointed to sunny sprawled out on the bed.
"Wait what!?" Sunny jumped up. "Why me?"
"Um, I don't know. Bran wanted you to do it." I shrugged.
"Ok, ok. Fine." She raised her hands up in surrender. "Can't argue with the bosses decision."
"Good. Let's get going." I chuckled.
I led Sunny and chels down to the gym so chels could dance solo. Then we would have to wait for the fight.
Sunny turned on the music and let it play. Chels was so nervous, she wasn't use to wearing skimpy clothes or dancing for that matter. But she seen me and she moved with more confidence.
"I liked your dance better." Bran whispered in my ear.
I elbowed him in the ribs making him wince a bit. "She's good."
"She is." He agreed finally wrapping his arms around my waist resting his hands on my stomach.
The music shut off and chels bowed and smiled wide to have it over.
"You get an hour." I yelled giving her a thumbs up.

An hour past quicker than expected and it was time for chels and sunny to fight. Both were nervous to fight each other. But they agreed to give it all they had. Chels had to show her strength, and sunny told me before they started that she planned to push chels to her full potential.
"Ready?" Bran raised his hand. "Fight!" He lowered his hand and stepped away from the girls.
They circled each other a few times before sunny lunged at chels who managed to block her by stepping to the side. Sunny dusted herself off and lunged again tackling chels to the ground elbowing her in the ribs.
"Get up chels!" I yelled. "Focus!"
Sunny helped chels to her feet. They circled each other again, chels had her eyes on sunny studying her movements. When she had it down, she lunged at sunny and hit her in the ribs knocking Sunny off balance.
Sunny being cocky, lunged at chels and swung her right hand knocking chels in the face. Chels fell holding her jaw. Chels knows one thing I taught her, stay down and let them think they've won. When sunny stood above chels to look at her chels kicked her leg up knocking Sunny down then bouncing on her punching her in the ribs and once in her jaw. Sunny tapped surrendering.
"Fight over! Winner is chels." Bran said chuckling and shaking his head at sunny.
"I had her." Sunny jumped up to her feet and snarled.
I grabbed sunnys arm and pulled her away. "I taught her that."
"She had a good coach." Sunny nodded to chels. "Welcome to the lions."
Chels acknowledged sunny and nodded back. Chels is t one to hold grudges so she moved on quick after the fight.
Now we just have to wait until tomorrow for jimmy to tell us the plan of attack. I'm excited about that, though I doubt I'll be going.