Nine

I spent the rest of the day yesterday in my room. I didn't want to face anyone, especially Bran. I can't believe I actually kissed him. I mean did he like it or not? Who knows.
I only walked down for a bit then walked back upstairs. I have a duffle bag and a gun and a knife stuffed under my bed. Now to wait for the right moment, after their gone. I tied up some sheets and blankets to help me sneak out and down my window. Hopefully I can do it without being caught.

The day is going by so slow. It's only four in the afternoon. The others leave at seven. I can't leave too early, or they'll notice. But if I leave too late, then I'll be screwed. I guess I can be patient and wait.
As the time goes on, I grow more and more anxious. I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm stupid, but I have to help.
A knock on my door startled me. I pushed everything under my bed just where it was and opened it.
"What are you doing up here!?" Marla shrieked. "I can hear you all the way down the hall."
I tried closing the door but she pushed through. "What do you want!?"
"I want to know why you're here. Why you insist on trying to take bran away from me?" She turned and sat on my bed.
I looked at her feet and noticed a piece of sheet poking out. Crap. I moved in front of her kneeling down. "I'm not taking him. He's a big boy, he knows what he wants." I shrugged while trying to push the sheet back under.
"What are you--you're gonna go!" She noticed the sheet before I stuffed it under. "I'm telling!"
"No one likes a tattler Marla! And besides why do you care? If I'm gone, you get bran." I shrugged.
"True. Maybe I can help you, you know escape here unnoticed?" She twirled a piece of her hair and chuckled. "This'll be fun."
She got up and walked back out of my room and down the hall. Practically skipping. I closed my door and grabbed everything and moved it to my closet under all my other crap, so hopefully no one finds it.

After the three hour anxious waiting, everyone who was going left. Even bran went. I'm completely free. Marla is helping me for once. She said she'd let me know the coast was clear. So while she was walking around, I tied my sheets down and made sure they were secured to my bed frame, which by the way was screwed to the floor. "Thank you bran." I said throwing the sheets out the window. I threw on my black skinny jeans and black boots and a black tee shirt along with a leather jacket. After I was ready and had everything else ready and laid out Marla poked her head inside.
"You're clear. Go!"
I slung my leg over, gripping the sheet, and slowly descended down. When my feet hit the ground I ran. My sheets vanished, which means Marla pulled them back in and put them somewhere else like we discussed. She's also suppose to make it look like I'm in bed sick.
I kept running until I hit Main Street. I knew where my mother lived. So I'm going there.
When I hit alcone street I hid in some bushes. My moms car was parked out front and no other. So I slowly crawled out and ran for the door.
Busting it open I walked inside. The house was empty. So I looked around. It all seemed the same from when I was little. Pictures of my little self was all over the walls.
A soft thud made me jump and pull out my knife and slide it into my secret wrist pocket. It's pretty hard to find. Pretty convenient too. I walked slowly, not making a sound around the house. I opened each door to look inside. The house was clear, no one was here.
I managed to find a secret door, hidden in my moms room. It wouldn't budge. Whatever is in there is very secretive obviously. I'll leave it for now.
I found a desk with a lot of good information, so I made a few copies and stuffed them in my pockets.
I turned around and was met with a gun pointed to my head.
"Gun. Now!" Ben yelled.
"You can have it. I'm here to see my mother." I snarled.
"With this?" He held the gun up. "No." He threw it in a trunk and locked it. "Your mother isn't here. Just me. Got word your little gang was coming, figured it was your doing." He chuckled.
"You killed my grandmother." I shrugged. "Not letting it go until you're dead."
I veered back and swung knocking him into the wall.
He rubbed his jaw and growled. "Little bitch!" He smacked me across the cheek and kicked my legs from under me. He continued kicking me in the ribs over and over until I felt numb.
"You're coming with me!" He wrapped my hands around my back with rope. He dragged me outside into my mothers car and threw me in the backseat. He hit me in the head with the butt of the gun knocking me out.

Jokes on him, before he threw me in I dropped a piece of paper that had their addresses to their warehouses. Lucky for me their stupid enough to not burn their personal notes. Hopefully bran will come for me. Until then, I'll continue getting beat. Hopefully I won't die. I know Ben, and I know he will want to kill me. I shouldn't have come, why did I come? Why'd I sneak away? What if they missed the note?
Gotta think. Gotta think. Gotta--. That's it!
"I hope their--oh my! Laura!?" My Mom stopped and dropped to her knees. "What'd they do to you? Why are you here?"
"You--you--k--know why."
"Your grandmother. My mother. I didn't--I couldn't--"
"Th-then h-elp m-m-me." I could hardly speak. I felt weak. I couldn't even move, I felt so numb. Everything was numb. Nothing hurt. Maybe this is what death feels like.
"I can't. I'm sorry my sweet girl." Was the last thing I heard before blacking out.