Chapter 37: Still Time

Wala and Pah lead Raven to a white marble table. Time sat at the head of the table, while Wala and Pah follow suit next to him. A bouquet of black starry flowers sit on the table, shimmering against the gold vase. A white and black tea set with clocks engraved sat in the middle, the tea pot hot. Raven sat down, resting her hands on the table.

Time watched her with care, curious. Wala poured Raven some tea, smiling sweetly down at the Golden One.

"Raven, dear, you, unlike most, have some time left. Not much, but more than what some have had."

Pah stared into her eyes, stars glistening. Time nodded along with him, agreeing with every word.

"Yes, you went through this much faster than the rest have. You have three more years until the imbalance gets the best of us. But... that also means, you have three more years until the final battle."

Raven nodded, taking in Time's word.

"That gives me three years to train... and to say goodbye."

"Yes, well we would hope that you would have a child as well."

"...With Jimin?!"

Wala nodded, a bright smile on her lips. Raven's eyes widened, body froze.

Oh hell.

"We give you our blessing, Golden One, in hopes that you not only find peace for this world, but also for yourself. We stand with you on this journey, as one."

"As do I, the god of Darkness. I give you my blessing after watching carefully over the years. May you continue to have this determination through all your years."

Wait... WHAT.

Four different strings of light zipped to Raven, entering her body. A bright light encompassed the room, shooting through the top of the temple.

Her friends stood, panicked.

The Pope's eyes widened, her jaw dropped.

A beam of light shot through the middle of the room, startling them.

"RAVEN!"

Her eyes remained closed.

Body motionless.

The boys all ran up to her, shaking her and crying.

"Raven, please, wake up. Say something!"

The Pope shook her head, sad.

"She's gone. The blessings were too much for her tiny body. We'll give her a funeral in the morning, come now. We have preparations to make."