Chapter 36: Darkness Within

Raven fascinates Nox.

Unlike her counterparts, Raven accepted her own corruption formed from her neglecting her human self.

Most Golden Ones fight their corrupted self, thinking that they needed to destroy their human forms in order to save the world.

That is absolutely useless.

Nox believed Raven was going to fall upon the same path as the rest.

Yet, she didn't.

She strove for acceptance.

Just as she strives for the Blessed's acceptance...

Nice to see someone who follows their beliefs without any exceptions.

Let's see if she continues on this path.

Ah! Speak of the devil...

Here comes the little red head now!

Raven approached the Prayer Room, cautious. The Pope stood back with her friends, allowing her to enter alone. Shivers ran down her spine, time slowing as she got closer.

Her gut told her to run, but her legs kept going.

As the center of the Prayer Room drew closer, the tension thickened.

Until...

BOOM!

The three time gods appeared.

Each with curiosity bright in their portal eyes.

An older man, donning a neatly trimmed beard and hair, spoke up first, his voice booming. Numbers whizzed around him, varying in speeds, white smoke covered his body, forming a simple suit.

"Young one, it is a pleasure to finally meet you."

Raven bowed, gripping the edge of her kimono tightly.

"It is a pleasure to meet you too, Sir Time. As you both as well, Sir Pal and Lady Wala."

Lady Wala smiled, teeth shining bright. Her sun flamed hair flowed around her and Pal, much to his dismay. Bright orange and red formed her flowing dress, brightening and dimming randomly. Her sun eyes shone with happiness and care. Pal stands as the exact opposite. A starry suit donned his body, black hair with speckles of silver sat on his head. His moon colored eyes, still curious, yet slightly annoyed.

Lady Wala smiled, her sweet honeyed voice filled the air.

"You may stand child, we have much to discuss. Please, join us for some tea!"