Chapter 27: Aria

"Why is the desert so hot?!"

"Yugyeom, you have been complaining for three hours. We are almost to Newsham. Chill."

"HOW CAN I CHILL IN THIS HEAT?!"

"Yugy please calm down. We are literally right outside Newsham."

Raven sat at the front of the carriage, swinging her legs back and forth. Jinyoung and Yugyeom guided the horses connected to the carriage forward. Jackson, Bambam, and Jaebum watched them bicker from inside the carriage. Youngjae laughed beside her, clapping his hands. Mark joined in, both causing Raven to burst into laughter.

Mark and Youngjae have the most contagious laughs Raven has ever heard. If she hears even a giggle from either of them, she just bursts into laughter.

Over the past few days of travelling, Raven has become close with everyone. Jackson appointed himself as her older brother. He literally will not let Raven out of his sight.

The crew made it to the gate, two guards calmly approached them.

"We need to search your carriage, the miss can stay in the front, everyone else has to get out."

Raven raised an eyebrow, getting off of the carriage with the boys. Jackson stood beside her, keeping an arm rested on her shoulder. The guards dug through their things, realizing that they came from the desert. The guards approached them, giving them approval to continue. The gates opened for them, closing as soon as they made it in. Raven moved to the back of the carriage, allowing Jackson and Youngjae to deal with the horses.

"First order of business is to find a safe way to Edyn..."

Raven had a map out, it being held down by some books. Edyn neighbors Aria, but going by land would be suicide right now. Battles ravaged the border between the two countries. Going around the continent may be the only safe way to get to Edyn.

"We have to get a boat, right? There is no way we can get across the border without getting sucked into the war."

"Yeah, you are right, Jaebum. We need a boat. Luckily for us, there are some Seran boats that go to Edyn from here. We can try talking them into taking us to Edyn."

Jaebum nodded, agreeing with her wholeheartedly. Before they did anything else, the group decided that it would be best to check the docks. Raven and Mark, the two calmest people in the group, headed to the part of the dock with the Seran ships. As they walked towards the captians, they noticed a large ship with the white and light blue royal flag. In the center of the royal flag, the golden sun sat proud.

The royal family is here.

"Hey, Raven. Isn't that the royal flag of Sera?"