Chapter 34

Kye's POV

"What's going on? Why is Zabuza so weak all of a sudden?" I thought as I crouched down to pick pieces of shrapnel out of my arm.

Zabuza was quickly overtaken by Dad, and was flailing his sword around like a drunkard.

Suddenly I heard a voice behind me, "NARUTO? YOU'RE ALRIGHT!!!" Sakura yelled with a voice of relief.

I turned to see Naruto look at her in shock.

"Wait where's..." I started.

"Where's Sasuke!?!" Sakura finished for me.

Naruto's face melted into a look of immense grief and only turned his head, not looking at either of us.

There was a moment of silence, even Dad and Zabuza stopped fighting for a brief second.

Mr Tazuna gently grasped Sakura's hand and muttered a few words which I didn't catch. They both ran towards the remnants of the ice mirrors.

As they passed Naruto, I could feel the tension break and turn into pure grief.

I couldn't make out everything, but as I watched them run, I squinted to see the faint outline of a body lying on the ground.

"Oh no... Sasuke..."

The sound of Sakura wailing could be heard all across the half-built bridge.

I turned my head, to give them a moment of privacy, only to see Zabuza getting beaten to shreds.

With his blood dripping arms limply hanging by his sides, Zabuza dropped his sword.

"Can't you see? Both of your arms are useless.. you can't even perform a seal." Dad grimaced.

Zabuza just groaned in pain.

"ohh.. you're getting your ass kicked. How disappointing...." A new voice suddenly leered.

I swung my head up to see an extremely short man with a cane standing a few yards away. The shocking part was the massive amount of armed men behind him.

"What!? I didn't even notice them!"

"Gatou, Why are you here? And what's with all of these men?" Zabuza growled.

"Oh so that's the Gatou man.... I imagined him a bit... more intimidating"

The shortie started strolling toward us, "Zabuza... the plan has changed. Well.. actually, I planned to do this from the beginning." He snickered.

"What!?" Zabuza questioned.

"I never planned on paying you any money. So i'm going to have to kill you now." Gatou responded.

"Ahh that's how it is..." Dad muttered. 

Gatou continued to explain that he hired missing-nins and then waited until they got weak in battle. Once they were vulnerable, he killed them off with numbers.

"Jeez... that's cold even for a criminal mastermind..."

The men behind Gatou started laughing their heads off, "It's so simple to kill you now!" They yelled collectively.

I was surprised to hear Zabuza tell Dad, "Kakashi, I'm sorry. This fight is over. Now that I have no reason to go after Tazuna, I have have no reason to fight you.."

"Ah... you're right." Dad responded

Gatou strolled towards the body of Haku.

'I owe this one..." He glowered.

He then presided to kick Haku's head.

"What the hell! Don't dishonor a body like that!" I yelled.

Naruto's scream overpowered mine though, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?! YOU BASTARD!"

He started sprinting towards Gatou with a kunai in hand, but what stopped by Dad.

"Hey! Don't just jump in! Look at their numbers." Dad scolded.

"HEY! YOU!" Naruto yelled at Zabuza.

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA SAY ABOUT THAT!? DON"T YOU FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL!?! WHERE'NT YOU TWO ALWAYS TOGETHER!?!"

"Shut up kid! Haku is already dead." Zabuza answered with a cold glare.

"How could he say that...?"

"As Gatou used me, I used haku. We shin obi are simply tools. What I wanted was his blood, not him... I have no regrets." Zabuza explained.

"Do you really mean that?" Naruto demanded

Silence took the space.

"DO YOU REALLY MEAN TO TELL ME, THAT YOU DON'T CARE AT ALL!?!"

"H-HE REALLY LOVED YOU!"

"HE THREW AWAY HIS LIFE FOR YOU!!"

"WITHOUT HIS OWN DREAM... to die as a tool..."

Zabuza's head swung up towards Naruto.

"Kid. You don't.... need to say anymore..." With glistening tears streaming down his face, Zabuza managed to choke out a few more sentences.

"It pained him to have to fight you... Haku fought only for me... He fought for you guys too."

"I'm glad I got to face you guys in the end. But you may be right... Haku was too kind."

"I've lost... but I have one favor to ask, let me borrow your kunai..."

Naruto, realizing Zabuza was asking him, threw gently threw a kunai towards him.

With great skill, Zabuza caught the kunai in his surprisingly pointed teeth.

He then sprinted, with his arms flailing towards Gatou.

"WAA!!! KILL HIM NOW!" Gatou yelled and ran into the hoard.

"SURE THING! One badly injured ninja against these numbers?? You think you can win!?!" A man shouted.

I would've agreed with them, but Zabuza had the motivation of Haku behind him.

Zabuza ran straight into the first guy and slit his throat. He just bulldozered into the men and completely ignored the mass of swords and spears behind slammed into him. Throwing himself into a wide-eyed Gatou, Zabuza slammed the kunai into his throat.

"If you want to go to the same place as you friend then go!" Gatou screamed.

"Unfortunately.. I don't plan on going to the same place as haku... You and I are going to hell together!" Zabuza yelled with a muffled air.

"THIS WILL BE FUN!" He screamed at last and Gatou knew no more. 

A/N Hey sorry guys for this late chap. :O