Chapter 1

-5 Months Later-

-Flashback (age 5)-

"Big brother! Can you teach me how to use a sword like you?" I asked excitedly.

"No Kye, you know you're too small to wield a sword." He responded.

"Awww... please! I'll need to know how to swordfight when I become a ninja!" I whined and pouted. 

Ryuku sighed and said, "Oh alright, I guess I can show you the basics. Come here." 

I laughed triumphantly and scurried next to him. 

"Ok, so you hold it like this"- Ryuku unsheathed his long blue katana and went into a defensive stance. 

"But I always see you hold it this way"- I took the katana from him and held it backwards, so the back of the blade was parallel with my forearm. 

"Oh yeah I guess that's how I hold it, but the other way is technically correct..." He responded sheepishly and took the sword back.

"Well I wanna learn how you do it!" I said.

"Alrighty. Then hold it like I do." He ruffled my hair and laughed. 

"You know what? This sword is a bit short for me, why don't you have it." He said thoughtfully and handed the katana to me. 

"REALLY!?! THANK YOU BIG BROTHER!" I hugged him. 

He smiled.

-End of flashback- 

I woke to the sound of birds chirping. I sighed.

"Haven't thought of that memory in a while..." 

I stared at the same katana which was hanging from a tree branch. Thankfully I had been able to grab it from the wreckage of my previous house. 

I brushed leaves off of my legs and stood up. I looked down from the high tree branch I had slept on. My stomach grumbled.

"Better go get some breakfast." 

I grabbed my katana and started climbing down the tree. 

The summer forest leaves reflected the light in a beautiful way. I passed by a small stream and washed my face.

I exited the forest and walked down the path towards the hidden leaf village.

While in the middle of town, I debated whether I wanted Ichiraku Ramen or Dangos. I decided to get Dangos, because I had gotten Ramen yesterday.

When I sat down at a table, Suki, the shop owner, greeted me and said, "Hello Kye! The usual I presume?"

"Yes ma'am, thank you, and this time I can pay right away-" I pulled out some coins from my pouch.

"No need Kye. Just the fact that you like the Dangos is enough payment for me!" Suki responded with a smile.

"Oh ok... well thank you! And if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know." I replied gratefully.

After a few minuets, my tricolored Dangos were placed on the table. Just as I was about to bite off the pink one, someone shouted.

"Kye! Why weren't you at school yesterday?" 

I looked behind me, to see Naruto pointing a finger at me closely followed by Hinata Hyuga, and my best friend, Rock Lee.

Ignoring him, I devoured a whole stick of Dangos in one bite. As I reached for the other stick, Naruto came up and grabbed it before I could. 

"Hey, tell me why you weren't at the academy yesterday." Naruto repeated  stubbornly. 

"I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you guys. I had to repay a favor to someone. Besides, I got the OK from Iruka-Sensei the day before." I responded, attempting to grab my Dangos, only for Naruto to eat them. 

"Naruto, remember that Kye has already graduated from the academy, so she doesn't have to go to classes..." Lee said. 

"Yeah Kye is really talented!" Hinata agreed shyly. 

"Whatever.. if I had a sword, I bet I could beat you with my own skill! Believe it!" Naruto boasted. 

"No way! Kye is the most skilled ninja I know! And she graduated in only 4 months!" Lee retorted.

 I stood up from the table and grabbed my book from my ninja pouch. 

"Thanks for the compliments, but you guys are all extremely talented. Well, I'll see you guys later, I have to return this book to the Library. And Naruto, you owe me a stick of Dangos." 

"Bye Kye! See you at the academy tomorrow!" They all waved. 

I waved back and walked towards the Konoha Library. 

A/N hey guys, hope you liked this chapter. Sorry there was a ton of diologue in his chapter, but I like to write with a lot of dialogue. Please vote and comment if ya want! :) I'll be gradually writing more, but I'll try to be fast!