Chapter 16

Sakura's POV

"Naruto has a plan??"

In response to Naruto's declaration, Kye just nodded, and Sasuke looked surprised.

I was surprised too... Naruto is just an idiot that always gets in trouble, but standing up to Zabuza is really brave.

"You got a lot of arrogance kid, but-" Zabuza started.

"Do you stand a chance?" The bridge builder interrupted hopefully.

Everyone looked at Mr Tazuna.

"Jeez, he's been so quiet, I almost forgot he was there."

"Old man..." Naruto breathed.

"Well... I planted this seed myself, so I'm not going to say that I desire to live so much that I'd stop you... I'm sorry... fight as much as you want!" Tazuna stated.

"Wow... Mr Tazuna seems like an admirable man now, not the crabby old geezer he was earlier."

I looked at the others; Naruto and Sasuke looked even more confident, and Kye had a grin on her face.

"You hear that?? Are you guys ready?" Naruto asked excitedly.

Suddenly the moment of confidence was crushed by the maniacal laughter coming from Zabuza.

"You kids will never grow up!" He laughed.

"What do you mean by that?!?" Kye retorted.

"Going to keep 'playing' ninja all day?? When i...-he clenched his fist- when I was your age, my hands were already dyed with blood!" He said almost proudly.

The sky almost seemed to darken as Kakashi-sensei started explaining.

"Zabuza... the demon... long ago in the in the hidden mist village, also know as the blood mist village, there was a final obstacle in becoming a Shinobi..." Kakashi-sensei said in a low voice.

"Ahh.. so you already know about the graduation exam." Zabuza said with a maniacal grin.

"Huh?! What exam? We have exams too!" Naruto exclaimed.

Zabuza just started cackling evilly.

"He's really being scary now, if capturing a kakashi-sensei wasn't bad enough!"

"The graduation exam was a fight to the death between the students!" Zabuza declared.

Everyone gasped, and I felt my stomach turn over.

"That's terrible!" I exclaimed

"Comrades who ate together at the same table were now pitted against each other in a death battle... comrades who had shared dreams and hopes for the future." Growled Zabuza.

I noticed that Kye was shaking, but I couldn't tell if it was from fear or rage. She was clenching her sword so tight that her fingertips were turning white, even though I couldn't really see them because of her hand guards.

"10 years ago, the hidden mist graduation exam was forced to change... this change came after a demon appeared..." Kakashi-sensei said ominously.

"Change? What did this demon do?!" I asked.

"Without pause... or hesitating of any kind... a young boy who wasn't even a ninja... killed over a hundred of the students." Sensei stated.

Zabuza had a very dark grin on his face.

"Uh huh... that sure was... fun." He relished his words.

"What the h**l is wrong with you, you son of a-" Kye yelled with rage.

-Fire Style: Blazing Fang Jutsu!-

-Lighting Style: Silver lighting assist-

Suddenly a wild cluster of flames shot towards the Zabuza clone. The flames took a form that was similar to a pack of wolves. All of a sudden, the flames were charged with silver tinted electricity, making them even faster.

"Wow what is that jutsu! I've never seen it before! It's so powerful!"

Because of the intensive heat, the Zabuza water clone practically evaporated into a puddle.

Seeing her opening, Kye sprinted towards the real Zabuza.

"Kye! Don't! He's too strong!" Kakashi sensei yelled.

Ignoring his warning, she unsheathed her sword and swung towards Zabuza.

Before she could react, Zabuza swung his giant sword so fast I almost couldn't see it. Unable to block it, Kye was knocked out, and slammed into the water prison jutsu. If it wasn't bad enough, the water clone reappeared and went  towards Sasuke.

"Oh no! We're screwed!"