Chapter 32

3rd Person POV

"Well well... So I had it right.. it was all an act. " Kakashi states.

"An act?" Tazuna questions with a confused expression.

"With a cute little mask..." Kakashi finishes.

Sakura gasps in surprise, while Kye puts another piece of Pocky in her mouth.

"Heh I knew it from the start." Sasuke crows in a confident voice.

"Ahh so I guess that story about being a tracker ninja was just a bunch of bull..." Tazuna explains to almost to himself.

"They look like close friends... they have probably pulled off this type of scam several times..." Kye says.

Sakura, finally catching on to the plan, chimes in agreement, "Yeah! He's got some nerve facing us again after what he pulled!"

"Who does he think he is... hiding behind a mask?" Kakashi asks with a hint of sarcasm.

Kye rolls her eyes and coughs in response to her father's joke.

"Like you have any right to say that sensei..." Sakura responds.

"That guy is mine.." Sasuke declares with a dark expression.

"I hate bastards like them the most... wearing a stupid mask and acting like something else..." He continues.

"Your sooo right Sasuke!" Sakura fawns.

"Wait a second... didn't I just say that?? Sheesh she is way to hung up on him..." Kakashi thinks to himself.

Zabuza and the masked kid have a brief exchange of words that the others cannot hear.

Suddenly, in a tornado like movement, the masked kid speeds towards a surprised Sasuke.

Sasuke manages to deflect the needle-like weapon the other uses, with a kunai knife.

A loud clang echos through the mist filled air.

Sasuke and the masked kid exchange blows and blocks in an almost unseeable speed.

"The kid can keep up with Haku's speed...?" Zabuza thinks while watching the fight.

Kye starts to rush towards the fight, but a gesture from Kakashi stops her.

"Kye and Sakura, protect Tazuna and stay away from the fighting." Kakashi orders

Sakura complies and steps in front of Tazuna, but Kye shows signs of disgruntlement and stays where she is.

"Kye... please listen... remember my request last night..." Kakashi chides

Kye sighs and steps behind Tazuna her back against his.

Meanwhile, Sasuke and Haku continue to duel as they attempt to strike each other.

"My target is the old man not you... I have no desire to kill you." Haku states with sincere concern in his voice.

"Heh. Nonsense." Sasuke responds with a smirk.

"I see... unfortunately, you don't be able to keep up with my speed this time..." Haku says with a sigh.

"Hm? And why is that?" Sasuke asks sarcastically.

"I have too advantages. The first being the fact that there is water all around us... and the second is that I have one of your arms occupied..." Haku explained.

"You will only be able to run away from my attacks." He continued as he back to form a hand sign.

"What?!? One hand!?" Sasuke thinks with a shocked look.

"What the hell?!? How can he only use one hand!??" Kye thinks as she is watching the fight.

"I've never seen that before!" Kakashi subsequently thinks.

After making a series of one-handed signs, Haku says aloud.

-Hidden mist Jutsu: A thousand needles of death-

The water around them begins to rise up into the air and takes the shape of needles.

"Sasuke!" Sakura exclaims with concern.

"Does he really not want to kill the boy?" Zabuza asks himself with confusion.

Sasuke immediately begins to center his chakra towards his feet.

"Focus... remember the training!" Sasuke tells himself.

As the needles fly toward the boys and Haku quickly leaps backwards. Sasuke jumps straight up above the needles making the Jutsu miss it's target.

While still in the air, Sasuke hurls several shuriken in the direction of Haku. He manages to jump away, but is surprised to find Sasuke at his back.

"What did you say about me only being able to run from your attacks?" Sasuke says with a grin.

Making the first move, Sasuke strikes towards Haku's face, but is blocked. The fight issues more of these movements, but in the process Sasuke manages to kick Haku in the face and send him flying towards Zabuza.

"Now I have the speed advantage!" Sasuke gloats.

Zabuza's shocked expression fades as Haku quickly recovers.

"I can't have you underestimating my team by calling them 'brats'..." Kakashi addresses Zabuza.

"Sasuke is the number one rookie in the Village. Kye is the Hidden Leaf's all natural genius, Sakura is the brightest, and let's not forget our Hyperactive Knuckle-brained ninja, Naruto." He continues

Zabuza just laughs and responds by telling Haku, " If you go easy, we'll end up being driven back..."

"Well... we can't have that." Haku replies and creates a hand sign.

"What's this sudden chill in the air?" Sasuke thinks.

Suddenly a bunch of ice mirrors surround Sasuke.

-Hidden justu: Demonic Crystal Ice mirrors-

Haku walks into the back of a mirror and is protected on the face of all of them.

Kakashi attempts to run towards Sasuke, but is cut off by a quicker Zabuza, sword in hand.

"You're opponent is me." He states flatly.

"Damn it! Sasuke is not match against that Jutsu." Kakashi thinks. 

"Sasuke!" Sakura screams, as a flurry of needles swarm around him.

"Sakura! Focus! Sasuke can handle himself." Kye barks as she eyes her father.

"But-" Sakura was suddenly cut off by a large puff of smoke.

"Wha??" Kye thinks.

"Heh, that show off..." Sasuke grimaces as he lays on the ground speckled with blood.

As the smoke dissipates, a yelled haired, boy yells, "NARUTO UZUMAKI AT YOUR SERVICE!" 

A/N hey guys! Sorry for the delay in uploads, as I said in my last note, I'm pretty busy with homework. But I got this extremely long battle sequence done! I said in the comments last chapter that I would try to shorten this battle, which I'm going to attempt to do, but with the addition of my own storyline, this battle is gonna take a while... so just sit tight and enjoy the story! :D remember to comment and vote!!! <3