Prologue

A/N When I say (Kye) I am referring to Kyoko, because that is her nickname. 

Kye's POV

I woke up to the sound of the sliding door to our house slam shut. Groaning, I quickly sat up from my floor mat and entered the kitchen. There was my mother sluggishly cutting a filet of tuna unaware that the knife she was using was a Kunai. 

"Good Morning Kyoko dear, come have some tuna, just how your daddy and Ryuku liked it." She shuffled away from the cutting board and sat down at the table, still holding the Kunai. 

I sighed. It's clearly the middle of the night, but like most days and nights she was mad... I sat down next to her and took off her sandals. 

"Momma, we don't have much money left, so we shouldn't eat unnecessarily." I said calmly.

"Don't worry, your father and big brother will give us money when they return." She smiled. 

"Mom, father and Ryuku are dead, you have to remember..." I was expecting my eyes to start tearing up, but I guess I have said that so many times that I was used to it. 

"DON'T SAY THAT! THEY ARE JUST ON A MISSION!" My mother screamed. 

I eyed the kunai knife she was still holding. She had hit me before when she was in one of her moods, so I always had my guard up. My feelings of rage finally outburst. 

"NO! I WON'T STOP! YOU NEED TO FACE THE TRUTH! FATHER AND BIG BROTHER ARE DEAD!" I yelled back. 

Suddenly, before I could react, mother slapped me across my left eye. But instead of a hand, I felt a slice of a knife cut through my skin. I yelled in a mix of surprise and pain, clenching my left eye with my hand. I could feel that the cut wasn't deep, but as it was in a sensitive spot, it looked worse than it was. 

My mother screamed, dropped the kunai and dashed out of the house, leaving the door open. I rolled on the floor for a few more seconds, and ran into the washroom to grab a bandage. 

Better stop the bleeding quick. 

My hands trembled as I washed my face and wrapped a bandage around my head. 

-Several Hours Later-

 A scream pierced the air. 

I woke up hearing a scream. The smell of burning wood swirled around me. The house was enveloped in burning flames. Knowing that no-one would come save the house, I immediately scrambled towards mother's bedroom. 

As I opened the door, I saw her drop a candle on the floor, and stab herself in the chest with a real kitchen knife. She jumped into the flames, wishing to take her own life. When I screamed, nothing came out, just the emotion of pure, agonizing sorrow. 

As I tried to reach for her, I felt a sharp sting in both my eyes. I heard wood crack above me. The pain in my eyes gone, I staggered out of the house coughing because of the smoke. 

Not knowing where I was going, I ran as far away from the house as I could. 

I ran and ran until I couldn't run anymore. 

I looked around, I was lost. 

My right eye watered.

Probably because of the smoke. 

No...

I am crying, and there is no denying it. 

Immediately, tears rushed down my face faster and faster. The bandage over my left eye was gone, it fell away in the commotion. 

I slumped to my knees in the middle of the path and sobbed for who knows how long. Eventually it felt like I never knew a time where I wasn't sobbing. Right there, I collapsed from exhaustion.

-Some time later-

I woke up, expecting to be in the dirt, but when I felt what I was laying on, I felt a light soft sheet instead of hard gravel. 

I opened my eyes and saw a segmented roof above me. I sat up quickly and looked around. Next to me was a plain wooden table with a bowl of water on it. I noticed a wierd wire like thing attached to my arm, I ripped it off.

Nobody else was in the room. I shoved the blanket off me grabbed my sandals and ran out of the  room. As I made my way down a hallway, I saw a window leading outside. When I opened the window, I hear a voice behind me. 

"Hey! Where are you going? Get back in bed!" 

Without looking back, I jumped out, and sprinted away, right into the middle of a large village. 

A/N Hey guys, I was gonna make this longer, but decided to move it to the next chapter. Hope you like it so far! :)