Chapter 6

After getting a reasonable nights sleep, yawning, I walked into the kitchen.

Although I was already late, I slowly opened the refrigerator door and grabbed a leftover bento box. Technically we weren't supposed to eat breakfast, but I'd rather puke than have low energy. Dad wasn't in the house, so there was no one stopping me. I chowed down on the leftovers then went into the bathroom.

"Sheesh... major bed head today..."

As I tied my navy blue headband on, I thought about dad's upcoming training exercise.

"Well... I know it will be the same as usual... the one Lord Fourth used when he taught Dad's team."

I looked at my watch...

"Oh... I better hurry up. I'm late."

Quickly I put my clothes on, grabbed my sandals, and headed out.

While I strolled towards the training grounds, I continued to think about the exercise.

"Dad said that when he was doing it, the main focus was teamwork... but when he did it, he really just used Aunt Rin and Uncle Obito..."

I got bored of thinking, and I reached into my bag to grab Icha Icha, but realized I was already coming up on the training grounds.

Ramen-breath, Saucey-gay, and the Pink Banshee were already waiting near the Memorial stone.

"Oh speak of the devil, it's Kye. Late as usual." Sakura drawled.

"And good morning to you too Sakura." I responded with cheerful voice.

Lazily, I walked up and then crouched on a nearby rock. Sasuke was just sitting there with his hands interlaced and looking even more emo than yesterday.

"Hey Kye, when is Kakashi-sensei going to get here... he told us not to be late, but he's late himself." Naruto asked.

"I don't know... he wasn't at the house when I woke up. Don't worry he'll be here eventually." I replied pulling out my book.

"Uhg... He's better hurry up so we can do this thing and then eat! I'm starving! I didn't eat breakfast.." Naruto whined.

"Breakfast!? I didn't even eat dinner last night... I knew going on a diet was a bad idea..." Sakura moaned.

As if on queue, both Sakura and Naruto's stomachs growled.

After waiting about two hours, Dad finally showed up.

"Hello everyone, sorry I'm late, but I'm afraid a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." He said cheerfully and waved.

"LIAR!!!" Naruto and Sakura yelled.

-Small time skip-

"Alright let's get started. This clock is set to noon" Dad said as he slammed a timer on the middle of the three training logs.

He pulled out two silver bells and showed them to us. Everyone but me was confused.

"Here are two bells, your assignment is to take these from me before time runs out." Dad stated.

"Those who don't get a bell by noon... will get no lunch. Further more, I will tie them to one of these logs and make you watch me eat my lunch." He continued with a small grin under his mask.

Apparently we all looked shocked, because I could practically see and feel an exclaimation mark appear above our heads. I didn't know we wouldn't get lunch, good thing I had breakfast.

Ignoring our expressions, dad continued explaining. "You only have to get one bell, if you want lunch, but as there are only two bells here, two people will automatically not get lunch, and get sent back to the academy."

"You'll only get past me if you have the intention to kill, so you have permission to use kunai and shuriken." He made clear.

"But sensei, those are dangerous weapons! You might get seriously injured!" Sakura interjected.

"Haha! Yeah you're so slow you couldn't even dodge a blackboard eraser! Well definitely kill you!" Naruto piped in and put his hands behind his head.

"Shut up Naruto! Don't underestimate my dad! He's better than you'll ever be! Also-" I snapped.

"Kye. That's enough. In the real world, those who have no talent often bark the loudest...anyway, ignore Mr. Dead Last and start when I say-"

Suddenly Naruto grabbed a Kunai knife out of his pouch, and flew towards Dad. Instead of slicing him to ribbons, Naruto had a huge surprise when his wrist was grabbed, and put behind his head, leaving him in a defenseless position. As Naruto started to panick, dad let go of his wrist and as if nothing happened, said, "Dont be so hasty, I didn't say start yet..."

"Alright now that that's over, ready, set, begin!"

With that, we all jumped away and found a place to hide, not in the open.