Chapter 31

"Please take care of Naruto..." Dad sighed.

"Oh don't worry, I will." Ms Tsunami replied.

"He's pushed his body to the limit. I don't think he'll be able to move today.." Dad explained further.

"Alright alright, let's get a move on." Old Man Tazuna hustled.

While we walked on the creaking docks, I continued to ponder the yelling match that occurred last night.

-Flashback-

"Jeez... What's taking Sasuke and Naruto so long?" Sakura grumbled.

Just as she finished her sentence, the boys staggered through the door. Sasuke was essentially dragging Naruto, who looked about ready to drop.

"Heh... both of us... made it to the top." Naruto huffed.

"Alright! Great job Sasuke!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Yeah you too Naruto." I added with an emphasis on the word "too"

"Naruto, Sasuke starting tomorrow you two will also help protect Tazuna." Dad declared.

"Awesome!"

"Hehe I'm also worn out from today's bridge work... at any rate, the bridge is almost complete!" Mr Tazuna said aloud.

"Well, don't overdo it ok?" Mrs Tsunami said with a stern gaze.

"Mm hm." Was all the response we got from the old man.

I noticed that Inari had been glaring straight at Naruto for the entire time.

"What's that kid's problem?" I thought.

Naruto, also noticing this, said, "What? Why are you glaring at me?"

Inari started with a small voice that non of us could hear. You could see streams of tears sliding down his face.

Suddenly, he burst, "WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER TRYING SO HARD!?! NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRAIN YOU"RE STILL NO MATCH FOR GATOU'S MEN!! NO MATTER WHAT GLORIUS CLAIMS YOU MAKDE OR HOW HARD YOU WORK. WHEN FACING THE STRONG, THE WEAK WILL ONLY END UP GETTING DESTROYED!"

The room got very quiet, and everyone had a shocked look on their face. Well, everyone except Duckbutt who has the same expression for everything.

"Whatever kid I'm not like you." Naruto replied.

"I'D HATE TO BE LIKE YOU!! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COUNTRY, YET YOU'RE BEING SO NOSY!!!" Inari screamed again.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME!?! I"M DIFFERENT FROM YOU, YOU'RE AROUND AND ACTING SO CHEERFUL, NON OF YOU KNOW HOW HARD LIFE CAN BE! He continued.

I immediately grew defensive, because I haven't had the perfect life. Heck I grew up with no father, a dead brother, and a mother who was half insane. My mother, committed suicide and burned the house down. I lived on my own until the age of nine when Kakashi took me in.

"That is going too far Ina-" I started angrily.

I was stopped by Dad, who put a hand on my head.

"It's ok for you to pose as the star of a tragedy and cry all day? So... Just keep on crying forever you idiot! You little sissy!" Naruto snarled with a glare.

Clearly frightened, Inari didn't respond and just kept on crying.

"NARUTO YOU'VE SAID ENOUGH! SHUT UP!" Sakura screeched.

"Why don't we all shut up and enjoy this delicious dinner." I glowered.

-End of Flashback-

I had noticed Dad leave the house at on point, and come back into with Inari.

"He must have given him a signature Kakashi-talk..."

As I was in my own head, I didn't really notice what was going on around me. When we arrived at the bridge, I was brought back to the real world when Mr Tazuna exclaimed, "Wha-WHAT'S THIS!?!"

Scattered across the bridge were bodies of the construction workers.

"Oh no... this has to be Zabuza!"

Suddenly, a thin mist started to crawl around us.

"Here they come!! Stay on guard!" Dad yelled as we circled around the Old bridge builder.

I was touching shoulders with Sasuke, and I could feel him shaking.

"Is he scared?"

My thoughts were interrupted by a growl of a voice, "Long time no see Kakashi... I see you're still with those brats... Oh poor kid... He's shaking again..."

About a dozen Zabuza's appeared before us sword at the ready.

I quickly unsheathed my sword and waited for the first move.

"I'm taking from... EXCITEMENT!" Sasuke replied with an evil air.

"Do it Sasuke." Dad said.

In a quick flurry of movement, all the Zabuza's disappeared into a massive puddle.

"You can't fool me!" Sasuke grinned.

"Hmm... he saw through the water clones... That brat has grown" The real Zabuza stated.

"It looks like a rival has appeared... eh Haku?" He addressed the masked kid who was standing next to him.

"It does so indeed.." The kid responded. 

A/N Here's a late post. The only words that can explain my lag in the writing is... High. School. Homework. *Sighhhh* 

Anyway, I'll hopefully post a couple more times this week. Hope you like the story! Make sure to vote and comment! <3 <3 <3