Chapter 22

A/N: As always, thanks so much for reading and leaving a review!

....

"Beauty is skin deep. A tattoo goes all the way to the bone." ~ Author Unknown

....

BPOV

Wednesday morning I walked into Eclipse and was a bit surprised to see Jane there. I'd figured for sure that she'd gone underground and was on the run. Hell, that's what I would've done. If, you know, I was to assume the identity of a dead woman and realized that people might be poking around. Then again, she wasn't that smart.

I had talked to Charlie the night before and let him know that Jane hadn't shown up for two days. He'd been concerned that she realized we were on to her, although we hadn't done anything to tip her off. Charlie also informed me that he had talked to Mark and caught him up on things. Mark was a bit upset with me for going to Charlie first. I felt bad, but Charlie had more resources than Mark. According to Charlie, they'd managed to pull a few IDs and driver's licenses for Jane, but they all had aliases. She had done a good job of covering up her real identity and that made me angry. I wanted to know who the bitch was.

"Feeling better?" I asked Jane, not really caring one or the other.

She gave me a glare before answering. "I'm fine."

I crossed my arms and gave her a smirk. "Thought perhaps I'd run you off."

I knew I was playing with fire, but I couldn't stop myself. It pissed me the fuck off that she was running around pretending to be someone she wasn't.

Jane gave me a sneer. "Whatever, Swan. You're not as tough as you think you are."

I gave a shrug. "I found it a bit odd that you called in sick for two days after I kicked your ass."

That really pissed her. She stood up and got in my face. Her eyes were wild with rage.

"You didn't kick my ass. You just better be glad that Jacob talked me out of filing charges against you."

"From what I hear, he didn't have to try to hard. Got something to hide, Volturri?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatever, Swan," she sneered as Seth walked in.

"Problem, ladies?"

We shook our heads and went back to work. I kept an awfully close eye on her though. At noon, I took my lunch and met with Leah and Sam at the small bistro around the corner.

"Hey, ladies!" I called out as soon as I saw them.

We hadn't gotten together in a while, all of us busy with stuff, but had finally decided to meet for lunch.

I was hugged by both women before we sat down.

"So?" Leah asked after we'd ordered drinks.

"What?"

"How are things with you and Little Cullen?"

I couldn't contain the smile that spread over my face. I hadn't told them that the L word had been uttered.

"Oh, shit! You said it! He said it! You both said it!" she squealed.

I let out a laugh. Leah was a riot.

"Yes, we did. He's my everything."

I went on to tell them about about the drama that had been following me around as well as the fact that Edward was interviewing for a job with Jared and Seth.