Chapter 18.

~~~Akin POV~~~

I, along with everyone else, watched as Kiza looked back only for a second before going completely under. I held my breath, I held it for what seemed like forever. Waiting for her to come up, watching to make sure she wasn't going to drown. I watched and waited. But nothing happened, she was just floating under the water frozen, not moving like she was stuck in time. I could sense the tension in everyone as we all watched her, even Sādā watched with nervous eyes. She said only one of her people could do it, only one and here we are seeing if Kiza can do it. I looked at Skyra, who was kneeling, her fingers here going from clenched to pointing. I looked at her lips, she was counting. I looked at Kiza and narrowed my eyes, going over to Skyra.

"How long?" She didn't look away.

"Five minutes and counting." I looked back at my sister, never before have I ever counted but I know for a fact that Kiza couldn't hold her breath for much longer. She would have to come up for air when it hits seven minutes. I looked at Skyra again and asked. "Six," she continued to count and I waited for her to come up for air like always. "Seven," she spoke and I waited and waited and waited. But nothing. Kiza didn't move nor release air bubbles. She was still. "Eight." That's when I started to panic.

"We have to pull her out." I started to take off my clothes and moved closer to the water, that's when Sādā came over and stopped me.

"You can't. The Holy Water only allows certain people into it," but I wasn't listening, she pushed me back. "If you go in then you'll die! That's why we used a raft to bring her over when she resurfaced. Whatever is happening, it's for a reason. Queen Kiza will be alright and if she wasn't, wouldn't we hear Dragas going crazy?" Everyone looked around at the silence. "See, even he knows that she'll return to him. Please Akin, have faith in your sister."

"I have nothing but faith! Faith and love and loyalty! But I must also live in worry and fear for her, she is a Queen now, everyone is looking up to her and this isn't the first time that she has almost died. What else can I do but worry for the life of my little sister like a brother is meant to?!" I fell to the ground and clenched my hair in my fists. "I can't just let her go off on her own anymore. What if she got hurt and I was too late? I already lost my father, I can't live if I lose my sister as well. I wouldn't be able to live." I began to feel tears on my cheeks as the thoughts ran through my head, fear was gripping my soul. It wasn't until I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder that I look up to see the old woman.

"As a brother, you have every right to worry over her life. As a warrior, you must have faith in the ways and actions of your Queen. As a man, you are to fight to give her a chance to live. But also, as her brother, don't you wish to grant her desires? Her one, true wish." I slowly nodded my head. "Then open your heart and see the path she has laid before you, a path that'll always lead you to her," she held out her hand the brought my attention to the water. My eyes gazed over to find her body was gone, I was about to move if something hadn't caught y attention. Looking up I see something that can only be called magical.

Kiza was above the water glowing as blue streams of water flowed around her. Her black hair was beginning to turn a different color, a shining blue color. Marks started appearing on her skin, they ran all over her body. We all watched as she slowly came back down, setting her feet on the surface of the water. She opened her eyes and they too were glowing in blue.

"No we ask what she can see," the old woman said as Sādā stepped forward.

"What does Hāṛa ēka do now?" She asked my sister standing still answered.

"Recovers for his wounds, to burn bone you must cover it in water."

"What is she saying?" Nima asked as she was watching from the back.

"Kiza," she looked over to me. "What is our mother doing?" I asked her, she closed her eyes and held out her hand. An orb made from water formed the grew bigger, Kiza held her hands over it before spreading them. The orb became a mirror that showed our mother. She was sitting on the mountain looking out at the rising sun. She was looking older, bags under her eyes and wrinkles forming. She closed her hands together and brought them to her eyes, closing them.

"Please, my love. Watch over your children, keep them safe and make sure they come home." 

Mother was praying for us, I closed my eyes thinking of her and father. Opening my eyes when I felt someone touching my cheek, my eyes widened as I saw Kiza was right in front of me, her eyes still closed. When she opened them, they were back to their violet color as she smiled. I reached out for her as she slowly floated down to me, pulling her into a hug we both fell to our knees. I held her tightly, praying she wouldn't disappear forever. I could feel her smile. We pulled back and we both smiled, putting my head on her knowing it was going to be okay.

"Don't worry Akin, we'll go home someday soon. I promise this to you." I kissed her cheek and hugged her again. "But first, it's time we bring everyone together. The war has only begun."