Chapter 8.

We march, march on the City of Corpses. The calls of battle ring out, the roars of battle-ready dragons call out. I sit upon Dragas, his armor moved with his breathing and his eyes are ready to taste the blood of his enemy. Sitting on his back my view of the battlefield is clear, the Death Army lines up to face us. They will die for our rage runs deep, deep in our veins, minds, and bones. These murders will die for the crimes they have commented. Just like Dragas, my armor moves with my breathing, my eyes calm and cool as I look ahead of me. They were ready to attack, it only took one thing to start of all. Hearing movement beside me had me look over. Skyra dressed in her desert style armor carrying her spear was ready for battle. I look at the other riders and clan leaders who are also ready.

We all have waited for this moment and here it is.

War On Bones

I wake up from the dream, sitting up on my bed I was covered in sweat. I was breathing heavily as I took in what I had seen. Placing my feet on the ground feeling the cool wood on my feet, I felt someone breathing on me with a gust of wind. I looked over to see Dragas.

"Are you alright?" I stood up and walked over to him, rubbing his snout.

"Yes, just a dream. I think," Dragas nudged me a little.

"I saw it too, the war will happen. The other clans will stand and fight, but so will Bones."

"He'll notice something when the dragons started to gather together. He'll begin preparing once he knows what's coming."

"Yes he will, but he will still fall."

"How do you know?" I asked him, looking into his beautiful violet eyes.

"Because we are going to fight him head on, you and I. We are the rightful rulers of dragons and once he's dead, we'll make the world peaceful again." I smiled and kissed him.

You're right, we'll win and bring peace once more." Dragas smiled and licked me.

"Try to get some more sleep, we have to prepare for a long ride tomorrow."

"Alright, good night my friend."

"Good night my Queen." I smiled and walked back to the bed, sitting on it looking at my hands. Clenching them tight, I was ready. Ready for the fight that will come.

The next morning everyone was packing up food and supplies on the back of some dragons. Hook, Moon, and Dragas being some. I tried to talk Akin out of coming with us but he wouldn't have it, he said if I'm going and he is too. I looked at Dragas as he was trying to handle the children climbing on his legs. I smiled and giggled, the Grand Woman stood next to me.

"Are you sure you wish to do this?" She was asking me this again, the first time was when I told my plan of war to everyone earlier this morning. People were slightly against it at first but once they heard it would bring peace to the land once more, they were all for it.

"Yes, I'm sure. We'll gather the clans of the land and face off with Bones. Please be warned he'll go after our clans so we'll be doing a little bit of work on the side to keep him distracted.

"What will you do?"

"Destroy the lifelines to his city, no more water or food. Nor money either. I want him to feel like I have my hand around his throat, choking the life out of him. I want him to feel fear and pain, the same as what we have felt for years." She looked at me and closed her eyes.

"Is shedding blood the only option? Can't we try something else?"

"Look at those faces do there, faces of children, families who have been torn apart by Bones. He will die for his crimes and so will anyone on his side." I walked away heading down the stairs and towards Dragas. "Is everything ready?" I asked and the woman nodded.