Chapter 2: Delivery Business

~Years Later- Aldera Junior High~

"Since you're all third years, it's time to think seriously about your future. I'll pass out some handouts for your future plan now, but..." The teacher grabbed the papers and tossed them in the air. "...pretty much you're all planning to go into the hero course, right?" He finished with a enthusiastic twirl. 

"Yes!!" The class cheered, showing off their Quirks. "Yes,yes. You all have wonderful Quirks! But using them during school is against the rules!" The teacher reminded.

"Teach!" The teacher was rudely interrupted. "Don't lump us all in the same group. I'm not gonna be stuck at the bottom with the rest of these rejects!" Bakugou said. Upon hearing this, the class started to yell at him angrily. 

"That was uncalled for, Katsuki!"

"Yeah, yeah!"

Bakugou only retorted. "You should all shut up like the extras you are!"

"Oh, I remember correctly, you want to go to U.A. High, right, Bakugou?" The teacher asked. The class quiet down and were surprised, to say the least. They began whispering to one another.

"U.A.? That national school?!"

"It was in the top 0.2% this year, you know!"

"Their acceptance rate's always really low, too!"

"That's exactly why you're just extras!" Katsuki jumped onto his desk and began to boast. "I aced the mock test! I'm the only one at this school who could possibly get into U.A. I'll definitely surpass All Might and become the top hero! My name'll be inscribe on the list of top earners!" 

The teacher spoke up, causing Katsuki to stop and stare in shock, the rest of the class mimicked his action. "Midoriya, aren't you also applying for U.A. as well?" The teacher asked.

No was in the desk as everyone turned to look at the seat where Izuku should've been in.

"Absent again." The teacher sighed.

~Somewhere in the Mountains~

"Hello? Yes, I have the package." A man with long blonde hair said through his communicator located on his ear. 

"Alright. We'll meet at the Rendezvous Point." The female client said. "And Giro. Please be careful... The package is very important." 

"Understood." Girouette clicked his communicator, ending the phone conversation. "Hey Izuku! You ready to move out?" He asked.

There was no response to the question. "Izuku! Did you hear me?!" He asked again. Izuku still didn't respond as he was looking out into the fast distance beyond the wilderness. 

"You can see the Slither Inc. building from here. This country, it's people and heroes sure has grown prospered thanks to them." Giro said, looking at the company building. The building was so huge that you can see it just about anywhere.

"Bigger's not always better. 10 years ago, if their security force or any pro hero had arrived earlier... My mother would still be alive!" Izuku shouted.

"I'm sorry that you lost your mother in the Maverick raids. I understand how you feel, but don't let on about your feelings." Giro looked at the distant building once more. "We've experienced an energy crisis and suffering from never-ending Maverick raids. But that company stepped up and fixed every one of those problems. As far as the people and its heroes are concerned, the president of the company, Serpent, is a genuine hero. Anyway, we better get going. Our client is already on their way to the Rendezvous Point." 

The two made their way towards their bikes, but then Izuku stopped to ask a question. "Hey Boss, just who are those Guardians that we took the job request from? They haven't even told us what's in the package they wanted delivered so badly." 

"The Guardians are a defense force that banded together to fight the Mavericks. Right now, they're moving from place to place investigating the cause of the Maverick outbreaks. As for the package, try not to ask too many questions. I'm sure it's very important and very dangerous. It's probably better we don't know."

Izuku nodded then suddenly gunshots were heard. The two ducked behind their bikes, using them as shields. "W-what's going on?!" 

"Those are Mavericks! How did they get here?!"

The Mavericks continued to open fire at the two. Giro's bike started to steam up. "Ah! They must be after the package!"

One fired multiple bullets not at Giro, but at Izuku's bike, causing it to explode, sending the him and the package down the mountain side.

"Izuku!"