30: "Walt Disney is haunting me."

Start from the beginning

And school was a typical mess, but it was always like that, so Cyra didn't really notice anything wrong until lunch when the "burger" the cafeteria lady served her roared in her face.

So, Cyra decided to skip the second half of the day to fly as fast as she could to the Cave to get answers.

"Yoo hoo!" she called as the Zeta announced her arrival. "Anyone home?"

"In here!" a faraway voice called from the kitchens.

Cyra followed it, hoping it would be M'gann baking cookies to cheer up her mood, but it was only Conner and Kaldur, who were lounging on the couches in the living area. The TV wasn't on and Conner's feet were up on the coffee table.

"M'gann's out getting more dough," Conner explained while catching Cyra's flash of disappointment.

"Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Kaldur asked.

"Yes," Cyra said as she turned. "Zatanna!"

"Went with M'gann," Conner said.

Cyra let out a groan and turned back, throwing herself onto the couch next to Conner and almost elbowing him in the face.

"What's wrong?" Kaldur sat up.

"I was going to have Zatanna run some magic test on me or something because things are mega messed up."

"So, no difference from usual?" Conner offered, his blues burning with amusement.

"No," Cyra groaned. "Everything's like . . . a cartoon!"

From the corner of her eyes, which were pressed against the couch, Conner and Kaldur exchanged a pointed look.

"I'm not on anything!" Cyra looked up at them, glaring sharply. They shied away and Conner put his hands up in surrender.

"Alright, what's going on that makes it seem like a cartoon?" Conner was fighting against a smirk that he wasn't hiding very well, deciding to go along with the Green Lantern.

Cyra counted off on her fingers, "Wiggling lines coming off bacon in the morning, birds following everywhere, guys almost hitting me with panels of glass, oh, and my burger roaring at me at lunch."

"Cyra, when was the last time you got any sleep?"

The blonde fell back with a cry of exasperation.

"We're just worried about you," Kaldur added.

"It's not me!" She threw her hands up. "Trust me, I thought it was me, but it wasn't me! Walt Disney is haunting me—or something!"

Kaldur blinked. "Who?"

"Isn't he dead?" Conner questioned.

"He can't haunt me if he's alive!" Cyra exclaimed. "You guys aren't taking this seriously."

Conner chuckled. "Can you blame us?"

Cyra's face bled into blankness as she stood up. "Fine then," she snorted, her arms crossed stubbornly over her chest, as she turned and marched away. She only got a couple of steps before the world tipped on its side.

Swiftly, Conner caught her before her head hit the ground. Cyra bent forward to look at the culprit.

"Ah-ha!" Cyra pushed away Conner's arms. She bent down to pick up the yellow-peeled villain. "A banana!"

The two boys tilted their heads in opposite directions like cute, but dumb, puppies.

"Haven't you guys seen any cartoon ever?" Cyra looked between them, appalled. "They slip on banana peels all the time!" Again, neither Conner nor Kaldur seemed to get what she was saying. Letting hot breath fall from her nose, Cyra asked, "Did either of you eat a banana today?"