19: "I knew I shouldn't have shown up today."

Mount Justice

October 16, 16:01 EDT

"Tornado, did you . . . ?" Zatara started about the new cast of the League getting absolutely disintegrated by strange new aliens.

"We saw. Celestial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial measures," Red Tornado answered.

"Affirmative. See you in the field."

Red Tornado turned back to the Team as the transmission cut. "I must return to the League. We will do whatever necessary to protect the planet, but should we fail—the responsibility falls on you."

Aqualad spoke for the Team, "We stand ready."

Cyra let out a heavy set sign. "I knew I shouldn't have shown up today."

"Red Tornado to cave—I fear I am all that remains of the League—"

"RT!" Robin shouted as RT soon joined the other heroes in a pile of dust.

Solemnly Aqualad said, "We are Earths heroes now."

"So what are we waiting for?" Superboy asked. "A theme song?"

"A strategy. Earth's weapons are ineffective and it has been made tragically clear that a direct attack with not succeed," Aqualad explained.

"Checking satellite imagery," Robin said as he pulled up a hologram of the globe with red splots all over it. "This is where the aliens are now."

"This one gets lost?" Superboy asked as he pointed to a lone red dot.

"It's Superman's Fortress of Solitude!" Robin exclaimed.

"Whoa, Superman has his own castle for alone time?" Cyra asked with a wicked grin on her face. "I want one."

"It's power source must have attracted the aliens' attention. At least enough to send a scout ship to investigate," Robin said.

"Must be some fortress," Superboy muttered as he started to walk away.

Miss Martian put a hand on his shoulder. "Connor—"

"Nah," Superboy insisted, "It's okay. I guess there's a lot about Superman I'll still never know. Eh—you know, now."

"We will target this lone ship," Aqualad ordered.

"Yeah," Kid Flash agreed. "Break it down! Build more! Hit those ugly aliens with their own mojo—Ow!" Wally yelped as Artemis elbowed him.

"Martian and Kryptonian in the house," the archer nodded to Miss Martian and Superboy.

"Uh, not that all aliens are automatically ugly," Kid Flash saved quickly after he noticed the looks the two aliens were giving him.

Cyra rubbed her eyes as she sat down on one of the crates of dangerous equipment.

"Green Lantern," Aqualad said, worry etched in his voice. "You've been awfully quiet."

"Yeah, Cyra, you okay?" Miss Martian floated next to her and laid a gentle hand on the Green Lantern's arm.

"No, I'm not okay!" Cyra shouted, ripping her arm away and jumping up from her seat. "And none of you should be okay!" Cyra motioned to the TV monitors. "I just saw my best friend and the entire Justice League die! All your mentors and friends that are now dead and you guys are just continuing on as if it's nothing?"

Cyra began to pace, pulling at the roots of her hair. "This is crazy! Okay? This is completely and utterly bonkers!"

"Cyra—" Kid Flash took a hesitant step forward.