1: "Thank god he left that stupid hat."

Coast City

July 4, 12:00 EDT

"Come on, Hal! Today's the day and we can't be late!" a happy voice yelled at the Green Lantern.

Flying through the air, on the way to the Hall of Justice, was Hal Jordan, better known as Green Lantern and his protégée of six months, Cyra Brion. The blonde was flying through the air, a green mask on her face as she wore a female version of the Green Lantern uniform. Her Lantern Ring glowed, as did her whole body with willpower as they soared, eyes matching an illuminating green.

"Slow down some! We got time. It's not like they would start without their favorite Lantern!" Hal yelled through the rush of the wind, pointing at himself. Cyra rolled her eyes as her hair flew in front of her face as she only went faster.

"I want to get there on time! I'm so excited!" Cyra laughed as her stomach moved around, either from excitement or the momentum. She didn't know. "I finally get to meet the other sidekicks! The other heroes too!"

Hal chuckled at the girl's excitement before catching a glimpse of yelling from down below and slowed down. "Cyra, a quick pit stop! Looks like we have some trouble."

The girl let out a sigh but knew it was their job to help the innocent and all of that, so she sucked it up and put on her battle face. She followed Hal down below to find Icicle Sr. having his own messed up version of fun on a bank. The police surrounded the place and they were constantly subjected to bursts of ice from inside, breaking through windows.

"Ugh, not this guy again. A guy I know, Alan, he said this guy's been a pain in his rear since long before the Justice League. After this, he's going back to Belle Reve, basically his second home," Hal talked as they landed and walked up to the police officers.

Cyra just nodded her head along, used to Hal's constant babble, a trait they seemed to share. The police officers nodded in there direction and they nodded back, without taking the time to talk to them.

"So, what's the plan?" Cyra asked Hal and before Hal could even open his mouth to respond, Cyra started to throw ideas at him. "Like, put the shield around and just float him right into Belle Reve? Or we could knock him out with some old-fashion green fist power. Or I have been working on that new dragon move and we could—" Cyra was cut off by Hal.

"I was just planning on winging it."

Cyra gave him an exasperated look as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "But I wanted to try the dragon thing."

"We'll try that another time. But for now, we're going to split duties," Hal said.

"I call—"

"I'll fight Ice Brain and you're going to take care of the hostages. Make sure they get to safety."

Cyra let out a groan, "But I wanted to take on Senior! I like the whole fighting thing more than the whole 'get people out of the building' part."

Hal rolled his eyes at his teenage protégée as he started on one of the talks they had many times before, "Exactly why you should work more with the hostages. Saving people is what this is all about, not fighting the bad guys."

"You're just saying that because you want to fight him," Cyra huffed.

She wasn't wrong, but Hal would never admit that out loud.

The pair powered up and busted through the door of the bank, being greeted by Icicle Sr., "Nice to see someone finally showed up. Now let's—" He was cut off by Hal flying at him full speed. Senior shot ice blast after ice blast with some weird tech, but Hal blocked it off of him with an shield construct.