27: "Did I just make Wally West speechless?"

Yet again, Cyra stood in front of the Guardians' Council. They went into hiding during the fight, going to protect some of the Green Lantern rings that weren't in any danger with their big, most important Battery literally being lifted off the planet, but Cyra tried (and failed) not to judge them for it.

Cyra's senses finally came back to her. A bloody rag was held against her good ear. At least it wasn't shot off her head but it did take a while before her hearing came back. By the end of this, Cyra would be surprised she wasn't going home deaf. She would have happily traded her sense of hearing to keep her ring nonetheless.

Cyra figured that after the fight the Guardians wanted to clear up all the loose edges on Oa—including Cyra. Forget the goodbyes, take her ring, and send her on her way. It was Cyra's third time meeting with the Guardians and she remembered her anxiety and excitement the first time and her second time was mostly nerves. Now, it was only time number three and she was already done, knowing this was probably the last time she'd ever see them—but that wasn't very comforting.

The Guardians looked tired but weren't nearly as tired as Cyra felt.

"Last time we met—"

"You decided I sucked, yeah, I know. I was there," Cyra snapped.

Cyra smirked as the Guardians' usual stone faces flattered into shock at her interrupting them. What else did Cyra truly have to lose now that she was already booted to the side?

The Guardian cleared his throat. "Well, last time we met we made a decision to take away your ring and stop your apprenticeship with Hal Jordan—" they motioned to where Hal stood at the edge of the room shyly.

"I was there for that part too."

"Well," the Guardian hissed and he was obviously having a hard time forcing out his next words, "we have all decided by observing your actions today that we may have been mistaken."

Cyra felt her heart jump.

Another Guardian who didn't seem to be as prideful took control. "During the attack, you fought bravely and valiantly despite knowing that you were no longer a Green Lantern. You protected your fellow Lanterns and Oa from invaders, single-handedly saving the Battery from going off world—which would have been death to all of us and Oa. You saved us, Cyra Brion."

The Guardians were silent. Hal was silent. Cyra certainly wasn't.

"Alright, it might have been the mind attacks-things, but I'm confused." Cyra rubbed her temples. "So, you kicked me out of the Corps, like, two hours ago, but after saving your planet, I'm back in just like that." Cyra snapped her fingers. Her eyes flickered between the Guardians, who were all blinking far too much.

"Not 'just like that' as you put it," the original said. "But we are allowing you a rare chance to retake your test."

"Retake my test?" Cyra narrowed her eyes.

"Yes, you can do your trials again and then we will re-evaluate you. You will have a chance to become a Green Lantern again."

"But saving your lives and the whole planet isn't enough to just make me one now?" Cyra puffed. "Fair."

"This is your last chance it would be best if you didn't try to argue with it," the Guardian pursed his lips.

Cyra's tongue twitched, wanting to fight more, but for once her mind worked faster than her mouth and she decided that vexing the most powerful forces in the Universe probably wasn't the best idea.

"Alright," Cyra agreed. "I'm ready to impress—again."

This time when the Guardians left her alone with, now, two large blue blobs trying to kill her, Cyra knew what she had to do.