18: "Bow to your new queen!"

Mount Justice

October 11, 16:15 EDT

"C'mon Rob! Help a friend out!" Wally groaned from the coach of Mount Justice as Robin sat on the floor, watching TV.

"I don't know what you want me to do about it. Just ask her," the Boy Wonder brushed him off for another episode of Superman: the Animated Series.

"Just ask her?" Wally repeated her.

"Uh, yeah. Dude, that's usually how you get dates." Robin rolled his eyes.

"Cyra!" a voice called from down the hallways of Mount Justice and the blonde turned around to see a blur of red coming towards her. For a moment Cyra was tempted to run for it, but realized she would never make it out in time.

"Hm?" Cyra hummed as Wally came to a stop next to her, slowing down to her strides.

"My parents are having another dinner tonight and I was wondering if you—"

"Can't, sorry," Cyra said, not even looking at the ginger speedster as she kept walking.

"What? Why not?" Wally insisted with a nervous stutter. Cyra's eyebrows twitched in annoyance.

"Busy."

"With what?"

"Why are you being so nosy?" the blonde snapped.

Wally frowned and his emerald eyes narrowed suspiciously, the nervousness from earlier drained out of him. He scanned the Green Lantern up and down, trying to find a difference. "What's up with you? You've been all weird since the mission with RT."

"No I haven't," Cyra brushed it off.

"Yes," Wally insisted as he stepped in front of Cyra to stop her. "You have. You've been brushing everyone off and running around the Cave without any words, which is weird for you. Like, really weird."

"And?"

"And I want to know why."

"And I want to know why your in my way—move!" Cyra pushed him out of her way as she kept walking.

Wally sped next to her again. "What's your issue? Did I do something?"

"No," Cyra rolled her eyes. "I'm just busy."

"Busy with what?"

"Bye, Wally!" Cyra yelled as she walked out into the Zeta-Tube and disappeared.

The ginger-haired speedster watched as the yellow particles faded, leaving the place where the Green Lantern once stood empty. Wally let out a sigh as his head dropped in defeat.

Coast City High

October 11, 16:45 EDT

"You want . . . to get into the Advanced Robotics and Engineering class?"

"And computer programming."

"Uh-huh," Cyra's school counselor, Mr. Zetters, hummed as he looked at his computer. "You do know you have to test into that class, right?"

"Yup."

"And that you are basically failing all your classes, right?"

"I'm only failing two."

"Math and science."

"Yup."

"The two classes that will be covered the most in Advanced Robotics and Engineering."