Chapter Ten

KO knew he couldn't like Y/n, not after what he had heard from his mother and Y/n's talk from this morning.

Carol was right. Tko was too dangerous. It was very risky letting him be near Y/n. He could hurt her or worse. And KO promised Y/n as well that he would protect her, even if that meant separating Y/n and Tko.

"You can't do that to us! I wouldn't hurt her and you know that!" Tko shouted angerily.

"I don't know that. What if she accidentally makes you angry? Then you might hurt her." KO said.

"I'm gonna hurt you if you keep me away from her. I have every right to see her." Tko threatened.

"Do you promise not to hurt her?" KO asked.

"I promised I would protect her! I can't hurt her if I promised to protect her!" Tko shouted.

"True... Okay, I won't separate you two as long as you're good to her. Otherwise, you can say goodbye to Y/n." KO said.

"Fine. I'm already good to her, anyways. Better than you." Tko said. KO rolled his eyes.

"Okay, whatever." He said.

KO was walking towards Y/n's home when he noticed cars out front. Lots of them, too. Couples were walking in the building, the familiar woman in the blue dress leading everyone in. KO figured there was a party happening.

KO walked up to the building and noticed a sign by the door. He was just about to read it when someone called his name.

"KO!" A familiar voice yelled. He turned and saw Y/n rushing up to him. She covered his eyes and dragged him away.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" KO asked.

"You can't see that! It's... It's just stuff I don't want you to see." Y/n said as she uncovered his eyes. They were standing in front of the ladder to the tree house.

"So, is your family throwing a party or something?" KO asked as he began climbing up.

"Uh... Yeah... It's a party." Y/n said as she followed him up. Once inside, KO sat down on the hammock.

"Am I invited?" KO asked.

"No." Y/n said. KO frowned.

"Aw." He whined. Y/n sat down next to him.

"It's okay. At least we get to hang out together." Y/n smiled as she placed a hand on his. He smiled at her.

"Y/n!" Someone called. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. She walked over to the doorway and saw the woman in the blue dress. "Come on. It's your turn to--"

"No!" Y/n cut her off. "I-I don't want to. M-My friend is here right now."

"Y/n. You don't have a choice. Now come down here right now." The lady said. Y/n sighed. She prayed to Cob what she thought was going to happen wouldn't.

"KO, I've gotta go. You stay right here and don't move." She said. KO nodded, confused.

As soon as Y/n was no longer in the tree house, he crawled out the window and carefully walked across the branches to her room.

Once he was in, he walked over to the door. Just as he was about to open it, he heard the voice of the woman in the blue dress. He turned around and ran to the bed. Thinking on his feet, he crawled under the bed and hid.

"So, you want a child?" The woman in the blue dress asked. KO saw three people standing in the room. Y/n, the woman in the blue dress, and someone he didn't recognize. He could only see the shoes. They were white boots.

"Yes. For business." A male voice said. KO didn't know it.

"Business? Okay... Y/n, why don't you tell him about your hobbies?" The woman said.

"Okay. I play video games all day and I eat a lot. That's all I do." Y/n said. KO knew that was a lie. Why was she lying?

"Um..." The woman laughed nervously. "Tell him about your friends."

"All backstabbing liers." Y/n lied again. This time KO felt a pang in his chest because he was one of her friends.

"Uh... School?" The woman said, getting nervous.

"I've fallen extremely far behind academically. I'm not very smart at all." Y/n lied once more.

"Y/n, why don't you try telling him something good about you?" The woman said. Y/n shrugged.

"I'm loud enough for you to hear me when I'm screaming for help. That's good." Y/n said. The woman sighed.

"Okay, Y/n, step out of the room." She said. Y/n walked outside.

KO started panicking inside. He wasn't at the tree house, and if Y/n went there, she would see that he's gone. But he couldn't move or else he would get caught.

"You'll have to forgive Y/n. She's usually much better. She's just scared is all." The woman sighed.

"It's no problem. I'm sure she would be scared. She would have to move in with strangers and adjust to a new life." The man said.

"She's been acting different lately ever since she made a new friend from somewhere. She used to be so excited for this day, but now she doesn't want to leave." The woman said. KO knew she meant him. But what was she talking about? What was today?

"New friend? What's their name?" The man asked.

"I'm not sure. I think it started with a K..." The woman said.

"KO?" The man finished.

"Yes. How do you know?" The woman asked.

"A business partner of mine has had a few encounters with him. But it doesn't matter. I'm here for Y/n." The man said. KO furrowed his eyebrows. Business partner?

KO let out a silent gasp. He knew who this was. It was Professor Venomous.

"Yes, well, if you're one hundred percent sure you want to adopt Y/n, I'll start packing her bags." The woman said. KO this time accidentally let out a real gasp.

"Adopt? Y/n's an orphan?" He whispered to himself.

"What was that?" Professor Venomous said. KO saw the woman turn towards the bed. She walked over and bent over. She gasped, seeing KO.

"Oh, my Cob!" She exclaimed. KO scrambled out from under the bed and rushed to the door. Before he could get out through it, Professor Venomous blocked it. KO turned and ran to the window.

Without thinking, KO leaped out the window. He looked down and realized how he was. It was the third story.

KO screwed his eyes shut as he fell, awaiting impact.

CLIFFHANGERRRR HAHAHAHAHAH