Chapter Six

KO and Y/n had been swinging on the swing set for a while now, not getting bored of it. But eventually, KO wanted to go slide.

"You can go slide. I'm right over here." Y/n said.

"Please come with me? Please?" He begged. Y/n smiled and sighed, stopping her swing.

"Okay, I'll come." She said. KO smiled widely and grabbed her hand, rushing over to the slide. He let go of her hand and walked up the steps to the top of the slide. He looked over the edge and saw Y/n sitting under it.

"You wanna slide with me?" KO asked. Y/n looked up at him.

"You really want me to slide, huh?" She smiled. KO nodded. She sighed and started walking up the steps. "All right, I'll slide with you."

They looked down the slide. It was a tunnel slide with a loop. KO sat down first, and made room for Y/n. She smiled and sat down next to him.

KO held her close as they began sliding. Their laughter echoed throughout the slide as they went down.

They reached the end, sliding right off the edge and onto the ground with a loud thud. KO rubbed his head as his eyes opened. He noticed Y/n was on top of him. His face turned dark red.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry, Y/n, I didn't realize--" KO cut himself off as he furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you even listening?"

He noticed she was staring right at him, seemingly zoned out. It was like what had happened to KO earlier when he had zoned out, only focusing on Y/n.

"Y/n?" He waved his hand in front of her. She blinked, snapping out of it. Her face turned a dark shade of red.

"Oh! I-I'm so sorry! I zoned out and didn't realize I was staring..." Y/n said as she pulled him up, not making eye contact as she looked away from him.

"It's okay." KO said. He leaned close, whispering something. "That's exactly what happened to me earlier."

"It is?" Y/n asked, looking at him. He nodded.

"Yeah..." KO didn't make eye contact with her, and she didn't look at him either. They were both too embarrassed to look at each other.

"Well... C'mon, let's slide again." Y/n smiled at KO, taking his hand in hers. He looked up at her and smiled. The two ran up the steps and began sliding again.

They played for about an hour before taking a break. Y/n and KO were sitting on a bench talking when they heard others talking.

"Yeah, I heard them over here." A boy's voice said.

"I don't see them." A more feminine voice said.

"Look! Over there!" Another boy's voice shouted. KO and Y/n looked around the park but didn't see anyone. Y/n turned around to look at the woods behind them and gasped.

"Hey, there, Y/n." A tall girl said, her menacing smirk growing.

"P-Penelope." Y/n stuttered, trying not to show her fear.

"You know them?" KO asked.

"Of course she knows me. You, on the other hand, I've never seen you." The girl said as she walked up to the two. KO got a better look at her. She had dark pink hair cut short and messy, in a punk sort of design. She had an eye patch, although it was obvious she didn't actually need it. She wore a black shirt with the sleeves ripped off, light blue skinny jeans ripped at the knees, and regular black shoes. She, along with the two boys, looked much older than KO and Y/n. They were probably at least thirteen years old.

"W-What do you want, Penelope?" Y/n asked as she crossed her arms. Penelope smirked.

"You owe us money. Hand it over." She said as she held her hand out. Y/n frowned, raising an eyebrow.

"What money?" She asked.

"Your lunch money, of course. You do our homework then pay us." Penelope said.

"Aren't you supposed to pay me?" Y/n asked. Penelope sighed, keeping her slightly creepy smile.

"Oh, Y/n, you're the only kid that still hasn't learned." Penelope grabbed Y/n by her shirt and lifted her up to her face. "We own everything, you especially. With nobody on your side, we're the only people you have. So you had better start listening to me."

"O-Okay! Let go and I'll give you my money!" Y/n kicked her legs around, trying to escape her grip. Penelope dropped her, and she hit the ground with a loud thud. Y/n groaned in pain as she sat up.

"Now, pay up." Penelope ordered. Y/n sighed and reached into her pocket. She handed Penelope her money. "Thanks, Y/n. I'll see you at school."

The three teens turned around and walked back into the woods, their laughter being the last thing Y/n heard. She seemed scared of them, terrified almost.

"Y/n?" KO called, grabbing her attention. She looked over at him. "Who was that?"

"Just some dumb teenagers. It doesn't matter. At least they're gone." Y/n said.

"They took your money..." KO said. Y/n sighed, irritated by the teens.

"It's fine. They do that all the time. I'm surprised you've never met them. They take things from everyone in my grade. Actually, they take things from everyone that's in a lower grade than them. You get used to it after a while." Y/n said.

"What did she mean when she said nobody was on your side and that they own you especially?" KO asked. Y/n looked at the ground.

"It's... It's nothing. It was just something she said to make me feel weak." Y/n said. She didn't look up at KO. He thought it was because they did make her feel weak, but it was so much more than that.

KO took her hand and placed his other hand on her cheek, turning her head so she would look at him. He smiled sweetly.

"I'm on your side, so you don't have to worry about them. I promise I'll make sure they leave you alone." KO said. Y/n smiled and wrapped her arms around him, hugging him.

"Thanks, KO." She said as she nuzzled his neck. KO blushed from the close contact. But he smiled and hugged her back.

"You're welcome, Y/n." He said.

I'm too used to writing on the computer nooo now I have to struggle getting used to typing on my small phone again ughh