13

The next day Missy was standing in school with Carl. They were both standing by her locker, minding their own business and keeping out of trouble for once in their lives until Dominique walked over. "Hey Missy" she said through a toothy smile as Missy slammed her head against the locker. "Oh my fucking god, fuck off" she groaned as the girl who had just approached them fake frowned. "Aw girl. You have your period or something ? Why are you being like that ?" she said. If Missy was a cartoon character she'd have steam coming out of her ears every time she saw Dom. She despised her for following her everywhere and for cheating on Carl.

"Stop coming to my fucking house" she found herself saying as Dom just laughed. "We walk to school together silly" she said while laughing and then she turned to Carl. "I know you and Missy aren't really together so if you want to get back with me. You can" she said while grabbing his hand but he immediately pulled it away. "No, I am actually dating Missy" he said confused as the girl winked. "Whatever you want to believe. Call me when you want a real woman" she whispered. She was about to walk away but two boys came over which made her stay.

"Hey Bruce Jenner" one said. "Did the operation work ?" the other said. Missy immediately looked at Carl confused. "Dom told them about my circumcision. Everyone calls thinks I transitioned"  he whispered as Missy shot a death glare at Dom before turning to the boys. "Say it again" she whispered as they looked at her confused. "Say it again" she shouted as they just laughed. "Your boyfriends basically Bruce Jenner" they said while laughing as she lost it. She went to punch one but the other guy grabbed her arm which made Carl angry and before they knew it it was Carl and Missy versus two random guys. Of course she had to hit Dom a couple of times "on accident" which of course Dom tried to cause a scene about. "Miss come on" Carl shouted once the two guys were on the floor. He grabbed her hand as the pair ran to their next class.

5pm shortly rolled around and the pair were at the diner, Missy was put on the register because Fiona thought she would distract Carl if she was on dish washing duties. The only pro of her job was the tips.

"Can I just get a piece of cherry pie please" she heard a voice ask, her back was to the customers so she didn't know who it was until she turned around to see Mike sitting at the counter. "Oh my gosh" she said through a smile as he rested her cheek against his fist. "You never came back" he said sadly as she nodded. "I didn't think you would" she said honestly "I'm always moving so I don't blame you" he said as she put the plate of pie infront of him. "So you still at Mickeys ?" she asked as he nodded. "You still in love with that guy ?" he asked as she blushed. "What aren't you telling me ?" he said with his eyebrow raised. "We may or may not be dating" she said while wiping down the counter as his jaw dropped. "Jesus, I must be a good luck charm or something" he said before taking a bite of the pie. "Maybe you are" she said while winking.

This was her and Mikes second encounter. Sure, she saw him at Mickeys but she didn't properly talk to him until her final night there when Kev "saved her". She already felt like she could trust Mike which made her feel stupid since she barely knew the kid and she grew up being taught not to trust anyone.

"You'll have to come back to your brothers" he said as she laughed. "And why would I do that ?"
she said he shrugged. "Because it's scary" he said while looking down, she looked at him confused. "It's the guns but don't worry about it" he said but she just kept looking at him. "My-dad was a drug dealer. A couple of years ago, gunmen that came to my house. I was asleep but Dad lost them supplies. Mom and Dad were shot. It's why your foster dad scared me and it's why I was happy when Mickey hit your ex drug dealer" he said as she looked down. "What ?" he said confused. "I-i don't know if I'm fully out" she mumbled as the boy looked at her scared. "V hit him but that doesn't say he won't get up and go back to Carl. Or Mickey. Or Mandy. Or Ian. Or-Or you" she said quietly as he smiled. "You care about me ?" he said as she shrugged. "Might be a bit early but you're a good friend to me" she said while shrugging as he nodded. "Well get out of there otherwise I won't be able to eat your pie anymore" he said as she laughed.

"Out of all the people I've talked to who were involved with drugs or known people involved with drugs. They all have a story about seeing someone die" she said as he nodded. "Missy, I have so many more horror stories about drug dealers that would give you nightmares. Go to this G-Dog and tell him your leaving. You'll do whatever he wants unless it's sexual, then you tell me and me and my friend Mickey. We'll kill him" she said as Missy scoffed. "I've tried everything." she said as Fiona came around the corner. "Well try harder. Your boyfriend needs you" he said as she nodded

"Missy, take your break" she said while looking at Mike confused as Missy nodded, gave a quick wave to Mike and walked into the back where Carl was. She took off her apron and walked into the back. He followed her. "You still wear that thing ?" he said while holding the locket he gave to her between his thumb and index finger. "Haven't took it off since the day you gave it to me" she said while smiling as he smirked. "That's pretty cool" he said while smirking as the pair walked outside to share a cigarette. "Do we still have to share" she said while laughing as she passed it to him. "Yes. It's been a tradition since we were like ten" he said as she nodded. "Yeah but I'm a woman now, I can handle my own" she said as he laughed. The pair shared a basic conversation until Fiona came out, the toxin pressed between Missy's lips.

"Missy, you were meant to come back ten minutes ago" she said with her hands on her hips as Carl turned to look at her. "Is that smoke ?" she then said as she walked out and saw the cigarette between Missy's lips. "Are you serious, you're doing that right infront of me. I'm not your mother but do that again in my diner-" she began but Missy interrupted her. "Employees are allowed smoke on their breaks. It's my break" she said while shrugging as Fiona scoffed.

"Your break was ten minutes ago and you're not of age to smoke. So now I'm telling you to take that out of your mouth, grab a stick of gum, stop distracting Carl and get out there and serve some costumers" she said as Missy stood up. "Fuck you" she spat as Fiona smirked. "Fuck me ?" she laughed. "Fuck me" she said seriously. That's when they knew a storm was brewing, Fiona was getting angry. "V came to me and asked me if I'd give you a job. I thought, hey I'll give her a shot but you proved me right Missy. I knew you couldn't do it" she said while shrugging as Missy just stood there, Fiona's words like knives stabbing her. "Just get out Missy" she then said as Carl's jaw dropped. "What" he said confused. "She's fired and you will be too if you don't work. I have to try and get a bank loan for the house and run this place" she said as Carl shook his head.

"Miss was gonna pay for the house" he said as Fiona looked confused. "Thought you two ran out of money ?" she said as Carl shook his head. "No. I ran out of money, Missy was top seller and was in prison until last week so has funds" he said as Fiona looked at Missy who nodded. "You- you were going to do that ?" she said as Missy shrugged "had the money. Wasn't going to let my boyfriends family go homeless" she said as Fiona nodded. "Thanks" she said quietly, obviously ashamed of the way she acted towards her. "I already payed some of it now if you excuse me. I'm off to find a job" she said while shrugging as Fiona stopped her. "Missy. Wait. Look sorry. Everything's just piling up on me. Thank you for what you did. You can keep your job but if I catch you smoking again" she began as Missy nodded. "You won't. I promise" she said as Fiona nodded and walked back out to the main floor.

"So now that's that taken care of" Carl said while wrapping her arm around her waist. "Nope" she said while kissing his cheek and walking out to go back to work. Carl watched as she walked back out to Mike. Mike had huge smile on his face and Carl felt the jealousy burning through him. He saw as Mike watched her grab him a glass of cherry coke and he saw him talking but little did he know. Missy was the first real friend Mike ever had and he was just too happy to contain.