8

Two years and a bit had passed, twenty-five months to be exact and Missy Milkovich was finally able to go home. She was let out of prison, she was told because of her good behaviour but she knew this definitely wasn't the reason. Her prison had an overwhelming over-crowding crisis and she was constantly at medical for fighting injuries but refused to ask them any questions. She just wanted to go home and see her families. 

"What's the plan once you get out then, kid ?" the officer she knew to be called Jones asked while handing her a bag of clothes. "Pay a visit to an old friend. It's been too long" she answered through a smile as she got changed, walked through the doors and got on the prison bus to go home. Once she arrived back home, she walked straight through the back door and was surprised to see most people she knew sitting in her living room. "Missy" Veronica shouted as she ran up to her and wrapped her in the tightest hug ever. Missy was trying to stop herself from screaming in pain since V was squeezing one of her fresh scars. "We were just getting ready to go and see you" she said enthusiastically as Missy pulled away and folded her arms. "Don't lie, no one bothered in the two years I've been in" she spat as Kevin stood up and walked towards her. "We tried Miss, we really did, the prison said you didn't want visitors but we were still going up every week, we sent letters too, you didn't get them ?" he asked before putting out his arms for a hug which she accepted. "No I didn't get them, it was rough in there. If they say a person doesn't want visitors, they're covering something up, you know what, it doesn't matter" she said while folding her arms again. Everyone was looking at Carl but he genuinely just didn't know.

Carl felt like shit, he felt his whole heart sink once he saw her. Once he got our sixteen months ago, he attempted witting to her, multiple times. He even tried to visit her most weeks with Kev and V at the start but all was unsuccessful and he heard nothing from her. He took it as his sign from the universe, that they weren't supposed to be together at all. He didn't know that she was mistreated in prison or was constantly in medical so never really counted, if you asked anybody in there about her, they wouldn't know who she was.

"How was it in there ? Were you eating enough ? You've gotten too skinny. I really fucking missed you Miss" Mandy said from behind her as she wrapped her sister in a hug, once again, it hurt but she was trying to hide it. Her eyes were scanning the room while she hugged her and they stopped at a Mickey sitting with his arm around Ian while the other nursed a bottle of beer. "What happened with the Russian woman ?" she asked confused as Mickey smirked. "None of your business, I'm dating Ian now. If you have a problem, your foster mommy and daddy are banging her now so you'll still get to see her" he said as she nodded, taking it all in and ran upstairs.

It wasn't what Mickey said that upset her, if anything she was happy for him, it was only a matter of times before Mickey cane out about his relationship with Ian. It was the fact that when he was talking she finally saw Carl, he looked different, he'd gotten way taller and his hair was longer. Next to him stood a girl holding his hand. A brunette, brown eyed girl that she couldn't even be angry at because Carl wasn't expecting her to be out til she was eighteen. They never even said they'd wait for eachother. She shook the thought out of her head when she heard footsteps coming upstairs.

"Miss, you're back" she heard Carl say once he opened the door slowly, it was as if he was afraid to speak to her. "Carl" she said blankly as he walked towards her, unsure if he should hug her or not but his arms were already outstretched so she walked into them. "Ow, fuck" she whispered before immediately stepping back. He'd hugged her the tightest out of everyone. "Ow ? Are you okay ?" he asked once he saw her holding her left side. "Yeah" she lied before turning away from him. "Show me" he whispered as she shook her head. "Can you please just leave me alone" she asked as he sighed. "No, I've left you alone for the past two years, that's enough. Was prison not good to you ?" he asked as she turned around and sat on the bed. Once again, the tears in her eyes were enough for him so he took a seat next to her.