Travelling down under-chapter 12

Alex's POV

I'm so excited for Hayley and Tom to be having a baby, I hope it's a little girl. Hayley seems to be dealing with it quite well, she has had her ups and downs about it so far but she's got a while to go yet.

Me and Dougie has woke up at 2 o clock that Saturday morning 2 weeks after Dougie's party and Dougie does NOT cope well at 2 o clock in a morning.

For example, he refused to get up so I had to literally drag him out of bed and then he eventually go up to get dressed and he wouldn't talk to me because I had woken him up so early but I had told him "once we get on the plane you can go to sleep as much as you like".

This seemed to cheer him up a bit. I made sure we didn't forget anything and had our tickets e.t.c...we then had a taxi pick us up and take us to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport. A bunch of screaming girls attacked him with hugs pushing me aside. Dougie gave me a look which said "help" but I didn't because he deserved it for being grumpy with me this morning so I just mouthed to him "no".

I was annoyed that all these girls ran to Dougie as we needed to go, I know he's in a popular band and everything but come on I'm in a band too. I hated feeling jealous but I couldn't help it.

This little girl was tugging on my coat and she said "I think you're beautiful and I love your band, please can you sign my book?" Her eyes were gleaming with delight at me and I simply replied "oh...err...of course". I did so and her parents mouthed "thank you" to me as she walked away.

Dougie came over to me. "First fan then Alex?". I replied "yeah I guess so, that was so sweet".

We were now a little late for our flight but we arrived before they closed the doors on the plane. We boarded and I couldn't afford first class so we had to sit with every other annoying seat kicker on the plane. Up until when Dougie and I were recognised and were offered a place in first class, which we kindly took.

I'd never flew first class before and it was amazing, the space between the seats were ridiculously spread out. As soon as Dougie sat down he was leaning his head on my shoulder and fell asleep instantly.

He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping so I tried my hardest to not disturb him. I decided to go to sleep as well for a little bit until it was a 'decent' time to be awake at.

I woke up again around 6 hours later. I woke up and Dougie was still fast asleep so I took a few photos of him asleep and I posted my favourite to twitter with the caption;

"My little sleepy head 🙈"

I then posted it and had over 1k favourites and retweets within the first half hour of tweeting it. I then heard Dougie start to wake up so I quickly turned my phone off hoping he wouldn't see it as I wanted to see his reaction when he looked on twitter himself.

I said-"did you have a nice sleep?"

Dougie-"mhhhhhmm"

Me-"u may want to check twitter"

I giggled slightly and then he quickly started to rummage though his backpack trying to find his phone. When he did he loaded up twitter and checked the notifications and the image of him.

He just looked at it for a moment and then said quietly "bitch" I laughed and said

"You love me really"

Dougie-"maybe I do....maybe I don't"

I the pretended to be hurt and he just hugged me and kissed me on the lips and his lips were always so soft and each kiss seemed to get better every time.

Dougie's POV

We had six hours left before we were in Australia which meant we would get there around 11 at night and the jet lag would be hard to get used to at first. But I'm used to it as I travel quite a lot but I wasn't so sure about Alex but she seemed ok with it.

I was so grateful that Alex had bought the tickets for us to go to Australia as it would be just the two of us and no other disturbances from anyone else. I know that Alex said that she wasn't ready yet, but I wouldn't to try and make her feel as comfortable with it as possible so maybe it would happen quicker.

I didn't think it would work but I was going to try anyway. We decided to try and stay awake as it would be late when we arrived in Australia. But it became extremely difficult.

I had to tickle Alex to keep her awake and I woke up on some occasions to Alex slapping my face (in a playful way).

We eventually arrived in Australia....12 hours later!!!!

I was already sick of travelling and we still had to get to the hotel. We retrieved our luggage and hired a car which we could use during the holiday.

Alex's POV

We arrived at the hotel and it was beautiful. We checked into our room which was also very beautiful and we unpacked all of our things and I looked at Dougie who had stopped unpacking his case and was at the window looking at the gorgeous view of the beach and I saw how happy he looked and I knew that we were going to have an amazing holiday.