Music...exams and stress-chapter 2

Allie's POV

After completing our first cover I wanted to work on our next song as soon as possible. I was terrified about our final exams, I knew that I was prepared for them but the stress that teachers are putting onto all of us are ridiculous. Teachers seem to expect more of us than what we are physically capable of.

All I wanted was to make music and not have teachers, parents or anyone telling me what to do. I know that Alex and Hayley will completely agree with me on that one.

I know Alex's parents have always disagreed with her dream because they don't see it as a 'realistic' dream. I want to prove them wrong, and not only them but everyone who has questioned or disagreed with our dream that we wish to pursue.

I wish everyone could see it from our perspective, our point of view, then maybe they would understand.

Hayley's POV

I could never see me Alex, or Allie getting a 'proper' job. We wanted more out of the life that we have. Not for spoilt reasons but to make the most out of the one life we have been given.

We were hoping that by starting this YouTube channel that maybe people would notice us. It was definitely a long shot but worth a try.

When we began to increase in the amount of subscribers that we gained we started become a lot more hopeful of our dream and that one day it could possibly come true. Mcfly inspired us to be the best we could be and to, not only listen and play the music but to understand the music and the lyrics that came with it.

Alex's POV

We were at least getting somewhere with our band. We had to put it on hold for a few weeks whilst our exams were on.

The stress those past weeks were immense and the papers were extremely difficult. I found the music one quite hard to be honest. I'm not too great with the theory side of music but I know how to make and play music. This is one of the drawbacks of picking GCSE music, it's mostly theory and no practicals.

After the exam weeks were up we were almost ready to leave secondary school. This was physically unbelievable to acknowledge.

Parts of me wanted to leave, but parts of me wanted to stay. (I'm not sure why because I don't like school). We filmed so many new covers and the sound quality was amazing on our most recent videos because of all the recording and audio equipment that we have.

My parents, Allie's parents and Hayley's parents arranged to have a meeting with us one day and we were extremely worried about what they had to say. Did the band have to split up? Were we moving away? These thoughts were going through my mind before the "meeting" with our parents. I was anxious at what they had to say.