[ 17 ] * You Are The Reason

*

It has been four days.

"Chanyeol sunbae, please open the door..."

And Chanyeol still won't talk to him.

"I know I'm the reason why you're like this, I shouldn't have done that," Baekhyun says as he knocks on the door outside of Chanyeol's room. "It's my fault... I shouldn't have said those words... I was out of my mind that time. I'm very sorry, I regret what I did and what I said... So please... Please talk to me... Don't be like this... Please, I'm begging you..."

Baekhyun has been repeating his apology for the past few days, yet Chanyeol won't still respond to him. He has never went out of his room, he barely eats his food either. It makes Baekhyun really worried as hell. Is Chanyeol just sleeping all day? Is he taking his meds?

"Chanyeol sunbae... What should I do for you to talk to me..." Baekhyun tells the door in front of him after letting out a tired agonizing sigh. He rubs his swollen eyes with his injured hand, the left hand he slit himself which is now covered with a bandage, "I'll do everything you want... I'll do anything you ask me to do... If you want me to come back to Seoul, then I will do it for you. So please, just talk to me, okay? I want to make up with you. I can't bear to stay like this with you... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..."

The maid, Rina, comes rushing towards him with a horrified look on her face. She quickly whispers, Mrs. Park has arrived, to Baekhyun before she lowers her head and cowers at the side.

Baekhyun hasn't given himself time to prepare for the upcoming slap on his face as he turns around to face Chanyeol's mother. He steps back due to the impact, making his vision go hazy. It doesn't stop with just that--- she even grabs his hair and pulls it up harshly, before shoving him against the wall.

Baekhyun presses his lips together, not to coerce a single noise out of his mouth.

"YOU DIDN'T LEARN YOUR LESSON, DID YOU!!!?" Youngmi screams in extreme anger as she tugs Baekhyun's hair. Rina tries to stop the woman but she is pushed out of the way. "When are you gonna stop lingering around my son!? Hurting you isn't enough!? What do you still want!? WHAT DO YOU STILL WANT FOR YOU TO STOP!!!?"

Baekhyun suppresses the sobs to come out of his chest as he lets his tears stream down his cheeks. It doesn't physically hurt anymore, his body is completely numb from all the pain and blow he's receiving.

"I allowed you in my house! I fed you! Isn't that enough for you!? IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT, WHY MY CHANYEOL IS SUFFERING!" Mrs. Park heatedly yells, and Baekhyun, among all the painful words he accepted from her, this is the most heartbreaking, as if every words are sharp daggers piercing into him, "JUST DIE AND DISAPPEAR FROM OUR LIVES!!!"

Can Baekhyun wish that his heart would be numb too? Can he hope that his emotions would feel empty every time she curse him to death?

"This... This is all your fault... I will never forgive you... for what you did to my son..."

But why is she.

Why is she...

Why is she crying?

Why is she suddenly being like this?

"I-I'm sorry," is only what Baekhyun can say, seeing her crumbling in front of him. He feels hurting seeing the woman helplessly crying before his eyes. "I'm very sorry..."

Youngmi stands up while the maid assists her. She never spares Baekhyun another glance as she leaves.

He hears a knock.