[ 11 ] See You Again

*

He should've brought a scarf with him.

The weather here is quite colder compared back in Seoul. Although it's sunny and bright outside, Sehun can still feel little chills hitting his skin as the wind gently blows to his face.

Stirring his hot coffee as he leans on the chair more comfortably, he crosses his legs and looks at the distance, to the busy pedestrians walking down the street. It's somewhat strange though, seeing foreigners and blonds and black people, then he remembers the reality that he's here in New York right now waiting for Baekhyun.

Right, this day has finally come, that he will get to see his bestfriend for twelve years again.

Being excited is an understatement to explain how he feels at the moment. He's ecstatic, indeed, that he's been crumpling his own clammy hands for the past seven minutes of waiting for Baekhyun. Butt shifting side to side and head turning back and forth, his hawk eyes scan the crowd for a small Asian male with bouncy hair and pretty lips, who has little crescent eyes that sparkle everytime he smiles--- which he vividly remembers how Baekhyun looks like in flesh.

The wild thumping in his chest that he thought has finally disappeared over the years has returned in an instant to betray him. He has to exhale twice to release the tension in his shaking heart. He has to sit up and down, clear his throat, and smell his breath to relieve his trembling nerves.

Because finally, he will get to see that special someone again.

But, he has to remain calm as always in front of Baekhyun. Not in front of Baekhyun should he show how he fucking misses him so bad. He has mastered to do it like the back of his hand. In front of Baekhyun he appears nonchalant and reserved, but behind his back, he's a complete longing mess. Who says he's pure? Of course he's a healthy man in his twenties, and whatever kind of crime he commits with his hand and the thought of Baekhyun--- is better off hidden behind closed doors.

What can he do, he just loves Baekhyun since they were eight, and along with the years that been through, he knows that there was a point in time that he and Baekhyun had mutual feelings without Chanyeol in the picture.

Sometimes he would ask himself. What if Baekhyun didn't meet Chanyeol in the first place? What if he had acted upon his feelings the moment he realized he loved Baekhyun?

What if Baekhyun just remained as Baekhyun and not as Chanyeol's Baekhyun?

But he's too late to ask those questions now. It's already the third book of the protagonists' lives and here he is still the side character of the story.

Screw being calm and screw everything--- because right now at the exact moment as he mentally speaks, is Baekhyun approaching.

Sehun immediately stands up and drops his hand to his side, awestruck and frozen at the running male towards him. Just like how he imagines him to look like, Baekhyun is the exact description. Baekhyun envelopes him into a bone-crushing hug, and the next thing Sehun knows, his lips are already pressed against Baekhyun's, kissing the living daylights out of him.

No words are exchanged. Everything is blurred and slow-motioned. Sehun cups his face and smiles into the kiss, feeling beyond glad that Baekhyun is kissing him back with the same love he most anticipated for.

He still loves him so much.

"Sehun?"

"Yes?"

"It's you, right?"

"Yes..."

"The one who ordered a strawberry milkshake."