Yes, I'm interested in boys, but....

When I walked back in the house a little bit later on, my mum was in the kitchen....what else is new? I sat down at the island and texted Lizzie-

Call me

"Hey honey?" My mum asked, washing some dishes. "The neighbors are having a party tonight and they invited us to come, so I'd like you to come too."

I tried to hold back a groan, but I think it was still audible. "Do I have too? Why can't we just be one of those people that never come out of their house and aren't friends with anybody and yell at little kids to 'GET OFF MY LAWN!"' I made my voice sound like a mad old man.

She laughed. She had a great smile, too. "Well, that would be fun, but we need to get to know our neighbors better and be more friendly. Besides, I seem to recall there being some quite attractive young boys around here...."

"Mum, don't you think they're a little young for you?" I teased. Honestly, I was just trying to get off the subject of boys. I'd really had enough of them for the day, the last thing I was conserned about was going to some house-warming party.

"Very funny," Mum said, rolling her eyes. "But really Court, don't you think it's time you got back out there? I'm not trying to push you, but really, you should at least be mingling."

I hadn't told my mom about Niall. But, it wasn't like we were dating....if we ever were to, which I was not saying, I would tell her. At least she knew him, that helped.

I shrugged, not knowing what else to say.

"What?" Mum said. "You're not interested? Please tell me your interested in boys."

"Yes mother, I am interested in boys, I just....don't want to go."

"Well, either you go today or you're grounded tomorrow." She put her hand on her hip, playing the tough mom-card. 

"Seriously?" I groaned.

"Dead," Mom replied, then smacked a clean rag she had in her hand across my face. "Now help me dry these dishes."

I swatted the rag away and reluctantly stood up.