Epilogue: Deep Conversation

When we got back to the condo, it was too awkward to be all romantic in front of the Smiths. I held Kyle's hand and as we got out of the elevator and headed down the hall. Dan and Rosie went on about how happy they both were for us.

We got into the bedroom we were sharing, and I slid off my tight shoes. Kyle propped himself up on the bed. Now that we would be getting married, there was something that need discussion right at that moment. I was scared, but I was comfortable with him, so I tried my hardest to seem confident about it.

"Kyle," I said slowly. "Can I talk to you for something?  I wouldn't stress it if it weren't important."

He smiled, taking my hand as I sat down on the bed next to him. Those big brown eyes were full of concern and joy. "What?"

"Do you want..." I hesitated. "Umm, do you..."

Why was this so hard?

"Kids?" he asked, finishing my question for me.

I anxiously nodded. "Do you?"

He smiled beautifully. "Of course I do! Now that we're going to be...a married couple, I do want kids, without a doubt. You would make beautiful babies, Mans. Really beautiful."

I nodded. "Good. I didn't know what your thoughts were. You can be so unpredictable sometimes."

He laughed a little bit. "Believe it or not, I feel like you're worse than me. You're full of surprises."

I shrugged. His put his hand on my face. Our eyes were aligned, and it felt as though I could see inside his soul. "So when you do want to...get...serious...about it?"

He hesitated, and then he lit up. "How about...now?"

"Now?" I asked. "You want to start trying...now?"

"Unless you don't want to." he said. "And even if you want to wait several years, I don't mind. I'm just saying, Mans, I'm ready to be a dad, starting now."

I kissed him. "Okay. How about when we get home?"

"Yes." he said. "That sounds great."

"I would say now but it would feel really awkward since your best friend and his wife are only like thirty feet away from us. Not to mention their one year old."

He laughed, kissing me softly. "So we've settled on an agreement, then?"

"I believe so." I said, snuggling on his chest.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Simmons."

I laughed. "We have a lot of planning to do, you know?"

"Yeah. Let's save it all for tomorrow."

TO BE CONTINUED...

.........

A/N: Hello readers and fellow writers! This is officially the end of Sunlight! However, I have already published the first part of its sequel, called Crescent Moon. Be sure to pick it up! Much love, from GracieRoses.

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/168262486-crescent-moon-kyle-j-simmons