To Be, Or Not To Be

I woke up the best I ever had. The bed was warm, soft, and comfortable. Every square inch of my body was relaxed, and all tension was gone. I never wanted to get up.

"Morning, Mans." I heard Kyle say as I felt him lying down next to me. I slowly opened my eyes again as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.

I layed my head on his chest. His embrace only grew tighter. He kissed me on the forehead, and then on the lips. "Sleep well?"

I nodded. "Thank you for bringing me here, Kyle."

"You still plan on moving in, don't you?"

"Of course." I said, leaning up. "But I have to get to work."

"Me too, but you'll come back here afterwards, right?" He sat up with me.

"Yeah." I said. "I'll have to get changed at my mother's house, but if you want me back here again, I'll come."

"Actually I want you to come with me tonight. Date night. We've not had one yet."

"So you want me to look... presentable, tonight?"

"I'd love it. You're too beautiful to cover yourself up all the time. That includes that scar on your throat."

"Kyle..."

"It's nothing to be embarrassed by. It shows what you lived through. I would even say I like it, in a good way, though."

I smiled. "Okay. I'll see you this evening."

I cupped his cheek and kissed him. His lips tasted sweet. I pulled away and stood up, finding my shoes and putting them on. I stood and slid on my coat. I headed through the hallway.

"Mans?" Kyle said.

"What?"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Ky."

........

When I clocked in at the pharmacy, Jewel was right behind me. "Last day of the work week, Manda!"

"I know, I'm ready for the weekend."

"So how are you and your man?"

"Good. I spent the night with him last night. We watched a lot of movies and then went to sleep."

"Aww. How sweet. I'm happy for you."

Crystal walked in shortly. "I'm happy for you too, Manda. What does he look like? You've only talked about his personality."

"Because I normally don't care what's on the outside. But Kyle's actually gorgeous. He's six foot two, very lean, and his hair is like a chestnut brown, and he's got a full beard that's well groomed. And his eyes are big and brown like espresso."

"He sounds wonderful." Jewel said. "You deserve it."

"He is wonderful."

......

When I got to Susan's house, I rushed to my bedroom. I had literally nothing to wear. Great! All I had wear a bunch of t-shirts and button-ups.

"Guess I'll just have to buy something." I said to myself.

I jumped back into my car. I decided to use the money my mother gave me when she thought I was going out with Jewel. I rushed to the first dress store I saw in the mall. I instantly found a dress I loved, favorite color and all. It fit me perfectly.

It was 5:00 when I got back to my house

It was 5:00 when I got back to my house. I did my hair fast and slid my shoes on. I ran out the door and rushed to the place Kyle wanted to meet. It was all the way in London near his place.

"There you are, Mans!" I heard his voice from behind me.

"Hi," I said awkwardly.

"You're so beautiful, Mandie. Yellow looks perfect on you."

........

"That was fun, Kyle." I said.

"Good," he responded. "Now what?"

"I don't know."

"Wanna go back to my place?"

"Sure. I'll follow?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'm the black jeep, just in case you're wondering."

"I kind of figured that."

He kissed me, and then we separated. He got into his car, and I got into mine, and I followed him for about ten minutes. Then he parked. I did the same.

Kyle jumped out of his car and ran to mine. He opened the door for me and carried me into his house. I could get to it, as his arms were so secure and he was so protective.

"Kyle?" I asked.

"What is it, Mandie?" He asked as he placed me down.

"I have to ask you something, and it's okay if you don't want to answer."

"Anything, Mans."

"Okay. Why me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, why did you choose me over your gorgeous girlfriend from before?"

"I've told you, Mandala. It's you I love. It's always been you."

"But you realized that if Evan never died and you hadn't come to my town, then we never would've crossed paths."

"But we did, Mans. Don't you get it? It was bound to happen. Even if there was never any funeral, I still would've felt the emptiness I did without you."

"Kyle," I said. I didn't have words, but I wanted to say something. I pulled him close and kissed him. He kissed me softly and slowly.

"I love you, Mans."

"I love you, Kyle."

He kissed me again, and then gave me a look. I nodded.

He tightened his arms around me and lifted my body above the couch we sat on. He held me in his arms again and carried me up the stairs. When he made it to his bedroom, he placed me down on the bed gently.

Lying down next to me, Kyle planted a kiss on my lips, and then on my neck. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Kyle." I said. He smiled, and I did too. I lifted my face and kissed him again. He kissed my neck again.