Love Runs Colder in the Winter

Manda
When Kyle left on New Year's day, I couldn't stand it. It was 6:12 am, and I lied on my side in the bed. I was barely awake. Kyle showered me with kisses from my face all the way down to my shoulder.

"I love you Mans." He said, leaning over my body. I sat with to reach him.

"I love you, Kyle. Be careful."

.........

F E B R U A R Y

Another typical day at work. Casual girl talk with Jewel and Crystal. The usual arguments with hateful clients. Pretending to be extra productive around my boss.

"Manda! Manda!" I heard someone call out my name.

I turned my head. Jewel held something in her hands. "These are for you! Happy Valentine's day!"

She held out a large bundle of flowers. It wasn't just gorgeous sunflowers. It was the finest sunflowers I ever saw, mixed with about 6 beautiful yellow roses and 3 yellow tulips. The were perfect. There was a small letter attached to it.

This was the only thing that I could send to you while I'm in another country. Nothing but the best for my angel. Happy Valentine's Day, beautiful. I love you.  
                                          -Kyle

My heart melted. He was so amazing to me. Even when we couldn't be together for Valentine's, he still managed to send me a piece of him. I wanted to see him so bad. I missed my sunlight so much.

My day got even better when a familiar face. Chrissy, Woody's wife "Just the person I'm looking for."

"Everything alright?" I asked.

"Everything's great." she said. "I have a proposition for you, Manda, since your man is out of town, as well as my own."

"What?"

"Night out in town. For Valentine's Day."

I slowly nodded. "Okay."

"Great! It'll be just the two of us then. Awuoi is busy with work tonight and Rosie is out of town."

"Alright. I guess I'll see you then."

......

Flashback
June 2006

"There's something I have to tell you, Mandie." said Kyle.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"My family will be moving soon. Far away from here."

"What?" my tone changed.

"Yeah, I don't know how much time I have left here, in this neighborhood."

"Wow. That's...hard to process, Kyle. Is it going to be soon?"

"After the summer, Mandie. That's all I know. But I'll be here all day every day. Let's enjoy it."

I was panicking on the inside, but I didn't let it show. If only I had told him how I felt then.

........

A/N This chapter was much shorter than the others. I rarely ever write short chapters anymore. It's a holiday.