15. Revelations

The next part of your story awaits you. But first... as you can see, I'm giving you less and less information as the story goes on. The only thing I'll be giving you is the question. Do you remember? What will pay the price?

Adrien: Plagg?

Plagg: Mmm?

Adrien: Why the hell does Marinette think I'm stupid?

Plagg chokes on the piece of camembert he was eating.

Plagg: What?

Adrien: Why does she think I'm stupid? You remember what happened yesterday, don't you?

Plagg: Yesterday?

Adrien: Don't act dumb, I know you remember. She thought she made me forget, but Ladybug turned into Umbra and we know that Marinette is Umbra. And then Umbra turned back into Marinette. And then she just holds her hand up to make me forget the whole scene, but she can't expect that it's going to be gone just like that!

Plagg: Kid, you need to get your facts straight. One, this girl doesn't think you're stupid in any way. Two, if she heard you say that, you know she'd probably beat you senseless. Three, she's smart. Really, really smart. You may not realize the importance of keeping your identities a secret, but she does, so trying to make you forget wasn't in vain. Hawkmoth has eyes and ears everywhere, and he could figure out, and knowing you blabber out everything that comes to mind, it's only a matter of time before he does. So protect the so called love of your life, stop ranting, and start planting. For starters, help her!

Adrien: With what?

Plagg: In the entirety of my eternal life I have never been paired with someone as blind as you. Kid, help her with her life!

Adrien: Her life...? Her parents...?

Plagg: Be there for her, kid. As Cat Noir, Adrien, whatever! Just be there for her.

Adrien: Wouldn't that be weird? Imagine: Hey, I'm here because I love you and I want to help you for a reason I can't explain!

Plagg: *facepalms* You seriously believe it would be weird to her?

Adrien: Of course it would be! She doesn't even like me, not as a friend or more. She's always so uncomfortable around me and avoids me as much as possible!

Plagg: And you think she hates you because of that?

Adrien: People who like you don't do that!

Plagg: You should know from experience she isn't like everyone else! Who do you take her for?

Adrien: You sound like you've known her all your life.

Plagg: I practically do, there are so many secrets you have no idea about.

Adrien: Like her secret loathing for me?

Plagg: For the love of... She doesn't hate you!

Adrien: And how would you know that?!

Plagg: BECAUSE SHE LOVES YOU!

Adrien: ... What?

Plagg: She loves you, kid. And the fact you wouldn't realize it until someone screams it in your face is really disappointing.

Adrien: ... Really?

Plagg: No, of course not. After all the gifts and letting you believe that scarf was from your father and caring about you and saving you, she hates you from the bottom of her heart. Of course she loves you, idiot!