1. The Beginning's End

Intro: Shadows. They are everywhere. In the absence of light, there are shadows, in the presence of light, there are shadows. In the corners of our room, in the corners of our mind. There's one behind you right now, smirking at you as you continue. The moth to the flame? Well, there's a shadow there too. Look around you. Did you know there are shadows inside of you too?

Marinette: Goodbye, Alya!

Marinette walks out of the school courtyard and sighs.

Marinette: Tikki, will I ever be confident enough to confess to Adrien?

Tikki: Just wait, Marinette! The time will come and everything will be fine!

They hear an explosion in the distance.

Marinette: Tikki, you know what we have to do.

Marinette: Tikki, spots on!

Ladybug lands on a rooftop. She hears a soft thud behind her.

Ladybug: Nice to see you arrived, Cat.

Cat Noir: It's always nice to see you M'Lady.

He kisses her hand. She pulls away.

Ladybug: We should probably fight the Akuma, Cat. No time for messing around!

She leaps off. Cat Noir follows.

One Akuma battle later...

Ladybug and Cat Noir: Pound it!

Ladybug: I should go, au revoir!

Cat Noir: A bien tot, M'Lady.

Ladybug leaps off towards her house. She detransforms once she lands on her balcony. She sighs.

Marinette: *sarcastically* Good night Papa, Maman.

Tikki: *frowning* Marinette, maybe you should tell someone. It's not good to keep something like this a secret.

Marinette: Why should I tell anyone? So those news reporters can come rummaging through our home like last time? Yeah, that won't happen again.

Tikki: I meant someone who you can trust. Alya and Nino have been trying to come over but you wouldn't let them in fear of them finding your parents' dead bodies! Don't think they haven't noticed you lately. It isn't healthy for you to bottle yourself up like this.

Marinette: I wish I could disagree with you, but your adorable face won't let me otherwise. I-I'll tell them later.

A tear slips down her cheek. She wipes it away.

Tikki: Marinette..?

Marinette: I won't try and get revenge, Tikki. No one knows who Hawkmoth is, anyways. Or where he is. He must have done it so the attention from him turns to the murderer of my parents. And then he'll take Cat Noir's and my miraculous. Not happening.

Tikki breathes a sigh of relief.

Tikki: Just remember, you have me. And Alya and Nino and Adrien. They will be your family when you don't have one. And that's now, isn't it?

Tikki hugs Marinette's cheek.

Tikki: Let's go sleep, okay?

Marinette nods.

Next day at school...

Chloe: You're such a loser, Marinette! How do people even put up with you?