So, I thought I could give it one last try for the sake of our love because I also knew that I loved him and couldn't live without him. I was ready to forget the past, calling it a phase of life that he would leave behind if he genuinely cared and loved me. So, I called him. I told him that I knew whatever happened between us should not have happened, and I wanted to move on and start a new beginning, though I made it extremely clear that I didn't want to be cheated on or hurt ever again. Even that day, he said, I was the most important person in his life, and he loved me. There was no doubt about that. He said yes, but later, when I asked him to come and see my grandfather so that I could fulfil his last wish, Enrique said no, betrayed me, and disappeared. He never called or showed up, even at my grandfather's funeral.

He said he sought the most now is physical pleasures with different bodies throughout his life. He doesn't want to be tied to his family and kids ever again and take on their responsibilities and spoil his life.

He never gave me the chance to ask him if this was what he always wanted while he was cheating behind my back and lying to me for years. Why did he ruin my life by not telling me the truth to my face for 19 years, and why did he continue to lie to me that he loves me and sees our future as a family up to this day?

And that day, I cut off all my ties with him.

Love or no love.

If I can't Respect the person,

Can't Trust the person

If he is not man enough to stand by my side in every phase of life,

And in the name of love, the only thing I was getting was loneliness, selfishness, betrayal, lies, and if the guy is a coward and didn't want to take responsibility for his loved ones and didn't want to lead by example, then that man can never be my man in my life. It took the soul out of my body to cut him off from me, but I guess for him, it's just a matter of a few days until he finds someone new to satisfy his priorities and needs. He never really loved me or cared for me because a person like him can never really understand the meaning of a word called... "Love."

I was sitting outside the room alone in the hospital corridor. My face was covered with my hands, and my tears wouldn't stop. So much was going on that it started to take a toll on my career and health. I came under severe depression. I could not focus on my work, and it went down to drain all my hard work of 5 years. I was not able to handle it. Where Enrique was concerned, he became the kind of person who only brought the feeling of disgust at that time when I used to recall his thought process towards life and what he did to me. My family was falling apart—my grandfather was seriously ill, my grandmother was feeling unwell, and my father could not cope with the pressure of losing his father, and that too, with such a painful procedure.

I was feeling broken from the inside. Because I lost my faith in love and trust... And the person I loved the most... He lied to me... He cheated on me...

You started a fire so intense that it burned everything away,

I believed in you...But nothing is left anymore to say...

I gave you all I had and placed you above all else.

But today I realized... I have no one to blame but myself...

I kept you on the pedestal. One you didn't deserve,

Now I can see clearly... How fake was your love...

How do I bear this pain?... How do I act normally? ...

This is not something small for me because my heart is broken... By Reanna, a naive girl :(