Authors note

I did it. I wrote an entire book. Me. Wow. I finished an entire goddarn book. Finally.

Ahem. So now we have that out of the way, yes, Dismantled is finished. Over. Bananas. The time is over for writing little letters in the form of poetry to your mother now that she is right there on the other side of the wall. The reasonable thing to do would be talking in person.

I hope you enjoyed this and I know it needs some editing even though lower-case is obviously intended. I think I'll keep it that way but with school this won't get any change in it anytime soon. I know its not clear what intention I wrote this book with this or what it means so explanations are in order.

First of all, everything in this is purely fictional. Every line, every character, every part is in no way related to my personal life or anyone elses. And even though the MC and narrator-Suzanne talks about a lot of people and her personal thoughts every single part/letter is written to her mother Bonnie. These were things that she never talked to her about and in the end it makes it even more clear that she was away from her mother.

The distance made them think about all the thingd that went wrong, listen to the memories and try to understand. It was time to think, they could no longer take out the anger on each other.

I know Bonnie doesn't seem at all bad in her point if view but you have to remember that things change, as do people and what Suzanne talked about was the condition of things that happened years ago considering she last saw her mother around the age of nineteen. I will leave it up to you to determine her age now, she could be in her thirties, twenties, anything you want. No matter how old, you mother will be just that, as you will be her daughter.

This story did have romance but the main plot focuses on Suzanne and her mother. This was a lesson about learning to forgive, the impact a mother's words can have on a child and how the past can haunt you for the rest of your life. And of course, a point I wanted to highlight was that things do get better. You may be tired of hearing this but they do, relationships, friendships, everything. All it takes is time and maybe a little trying. This I'm telling from experience.

With Bonnie, her relatiinship with her daughter was absolutely terrible, and sorry may not cut it but there is nothing wrong with apologizing, and after years, it did get better. Maybe not the best it could be, but better.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed writing it. It feels strange now that its finally over and I'm stepping out of my character's shoes. I have no plans for a sequel, but who knows, I didn't plan part five of this. The rest I'll leave to your imagination.

Thanks to all my friends and everyone who supported this story. I couldn't have done it without that little nagging and sweet comments.