Fourteen

Beep Beep!

"Keith hurry up!"

"Tell Lance to go away!"

"Why is Lance here?"

I rush down the stairs, carrying a reusable grocery bag full of clothes and hygienic supplies. "I'm coming," I call out. 

"Tell Lance to go away." Allura furrows her eyebrows and narrows her eyes at me. Romelle sits next to her, also giving me the same look.

"Do it yourself." I scoff as I swing open the door. 

"Wait, Keith!" Coran rushes over to me. "Did you do your homework and study?" He asks as he twirls his mustache. 

"Yes. I did." I groan, glancing out at Lance waiting in his car. 

"Are you sure?" Coran lingers. 

"Yes, I'm positive." I rest my head on the edge of the door. 

"Alright. Call if you need anything!" Coran messes with my hair and I let out another groan before leaving. I shut the door behind me and rush to Lance's car. 

"Hi, Keith!" Hunk calls out the window. 

"Hi, Hunk." I wave as I open the door up behind him. I get in next to Pidge who's shuffling through his bag, making sure he has everything.

"Hey, Keith." Lance chirps and smiles at me. 

"Hi, Lance." I sigh as I close the door. 

"Are you guys ready?" Lance glances at all of us as he turns his car on. We all nod and Lance drives off.

The drive to Lance's house was short, five minutes at least. "You came on a lucky day." Pidge looks at me. "All of Lance's siblings are busy working our hanging out." 

"How many siblings do you have?" I ask Lance.

"Too many." Lance groans as he pulls up onto the driveway.

His house was similar to mine, small, old, and kinda gross. His driveway was cracked and small pieces of grass and weeds poked out of them. 

We all get out of the car and head up to the front door. Lance unlocks the door and holds it open for us. "Bienvenidos a casa de Lance. I hope you enjoy your stay." Lance smiles with pride.

A strong smell of spice hits me as I walk in. It looked much better inside. There was a large couch that touches a salamander orange wall. Above that, there was a painting of the Last Supper.  Across from the couch, there were three large windows with long white drapes. A couple of feet in front of the window was a television on a chestnut television stand. To the right of the couch was an old fireplace with a cross above it. To the left of the couch was the exit of the living room. On the wall across of the fireplace was a wall full of pictures, all black and white. They looked centuries old and quite interesting. In the middle of the wall was a golden crucifix. His family must be very religious, just going off a whim.

"Let's go to my room." Lance places the keys down on the coffee table I managed to miss. They all begin to head to Lance's room, I just follow behind. 

We leave the living room and enter the kitchen. The kitchen walls were peach and had nice soft brown cabinets. The counters were a nice, dark and red granite material. There was a table with a couple of chairs. A plant in the corner of the room blooms and still stands strong despite it being December. There was a small window with other small plants that weren't doing as good. And of course, there was a cross or crucifix on every wall.  

Lance opens a door that was to the right of the fridge. It leads to a narrow and tight staircase. He turns on the light and it flickers slightly. He leaves it open and leads us up the stairs and down a still tight hallway. At the end of the hallway was a window with a small cabinet under it. Nothing sat on it and it looked years old. I didn't bother to ask.